Note to New Members ×

Afton 13/14

Scott.Creer

It was great Sunday and Monday this weekend. Grooming was perfect.

good to hear. after the session i sent an email to afton about grooming. i did not receive a reply and am willing to bet it never was read but it felt good to send it. its odd that they don't list an email on their contact page so i swagged it. i tried info@aftonalps.com and aftonalps@aftonalps.com. trent said he was going to talk to someone about the grooming too.

To Manager,

I was out yesterday (Wednesday) on chair 2 and I've never seen such bad grooming. In fact I'ver never emailed any ski hill about grooming until now. Afton ranks the lowest in grooming compared to Welch or Buck Hill. All these new Afton Alp signs and ammenties don't mean much to me if grooming is bad. I want to spend more time on the runs than looking at Epic Ski signs.

The grooming machine left winrows that looked like speed bumps on every single pass. The winrows might look pretty but those they bounce people out of carves. Also there were large dips or holes in the snow.

Please spend more on grooming equipment or at least train the drivers.

Didn't see many people using the chair 7 run. Too bad us skiers can't enjoy that run anymore.

Regards,

xxx xxxxxxxxxx

the only run that was groomed nicely was the one way out in the back... the very last chair. it was perfect but it was so late in the evening that we were getting tired. plus they were setting up gates on it too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...