Note to New Members ×

The Groomer Driving Experience

ExcelsiorTheFathead

At Crested Butte, you can learn to drive a groomer.

Awesome, I would love to do that -- in the afternoon / evening of course, I'm not going to miss riding cord to make cord.

I found the info page on the CB website: <a href="http://www.skicb.com/things-to-do/winter-activities/131/Snowcat-Driving-Experience">http://www.skicb.com/things-to-do/winter-activities/131/Snowcat-Driving-Experience</a>. $200 for classroom instruction and 1 hour of behind the wheel. I grew up playing Battlezone and Assault, how hard can it be?

Edited by Dan

I grew up playing Battlezone and Assault, how hard can it be?

If you spin repeatedly too close to the woods, you'll eventually see cracks through the viewport.

The driving part isn't difficult, it's the coordination of the driving and blade action. 12 functions on one stick can mess with your head for awhile.

(Did Battlezone have machine gun and cannon)?

And then there's the tiller...

If you spin repeatedly too close to the woods, you'll eventually see cracks through the viewport.

The driving part isn't difficult, it's the coordination of the driving and blade action. 12 functions on one stick can mess with your head for awhile.

(Did Battlezone have machine gun and cannon)?

And then there's the tiller...

Or it's a two stick Skidozer with not enough horse power to get you in trouble or out of if you do screw up. Only thing nicer than laying out perfect groom is carving it up !

I have half considered getting a groomer job just to be able to get good at operating and being able to call the "Crew" and let them know where the "Goods" are each day. I might be too tired to ride then though. The "fun" would probably not last as long as getting up when ever I want :)

I do wish they had that program here, I would jump on that. Could you arrange that Dan?

Or it's a two stick Skidozer...

I think you'd have to pay the guest around 300 to spend two hours in one of those.

Bryan, given the need for market differentiation by way of 'amenities' these days, a creative suggestion to the right people in marketing would probably get something going. We don't have classes, but have been offering groomer rides to the public, like, forever. If there is money to be made using existing plant for minimal cerebral investment, someone will pick upon it.