Note to New Members ×

Wintersteiger insert kit

snowboardfast

May I ask you why you are looking for the kit?

I myself would like to add some more inserts on one of my decks but no experience and don't know how. If it is what you are planning to do, please share. Thanks

http://www.worden.fr/boutique-worden-snowboard-multi-inserts-9-mm-les-10-unites-,111624.html

I've bought a number of insert packs from this company in France over the Net with no problems. I used them to put new inserts into four 4x4 mounted boards to create UPM pattern mounts for my own design isocline plates back in 2010-2011.

Accurately aligned drilling is the key to this task. It's something you want to practice on an old board before you drill a hole in something really expensive.

My understanding of metal board construction is that the binding insert holes are pre drilled in the metal plate during construction. Adding new inserts to metal boards is a very bad idea, and likely to lead to board failure. If in doubt ask Sean Martin (Donek on Bomber).

The Worden sourced inserts are pre P-Tex'd, but the bottoms are not entirely flat. The board will need to be base ground once the new inserts are in place.

My memory is that the inserts fit a 9mm hole in the top of the board, and a 16mm hole in the P-Tex base.

I used a drill press to drill the initial 3mm guide holes in the top of the board.

Then I free hand drilled the 16mm hole just through the P-Tex base using the brace bit.

Then I free hand used a 16mm 90 degree countersink bit to create the taper to the accomodate the insert. I couldn't source a 110 degree countersink bit to exactly match the insert angle.

I then used the drill press to drill a 9mm hole finally from the top.

Used epoxy to hold it all in place. Aim to leave the insert P-Tex slightly above the base surface so that the base grind will leave you with a nice smooth surface