Note to New Members ×

UPZ RTR Size 26 with Intuation liners

breeseomatic

Just as the title says.

I bought these in 2010 from the classified section and I have a few light use seasons in these boots. Maybe 50 days total for the last 3 years. I have remolded the liners 3 times, once each year of use and there appears to be plenty of life left in the liners. Some of the hardware could use some love. I saw some corrosion on the t-nuts in the toe block area but it's a pain in the ass to replace and I'm selling the boots so I don't want to deal with it.

There is also white Husky hair in the velcro.

10450916094_716705163a_c.jpg

10450928436_ba84285783_c.jpg

10450900284_2da0a7c217_c.jpg

10450892764_9edc0f60c8_c.jpg

10450908605_00924a9358_c.jpg

10451068743_d01ba22d2c_c.jpg

10450894185_393b38f76f_c.jpg

10450885665_6c4c5cc567_c.jpg

10450873666_5d5f40318c_c.jpg

10450869215_ef9e782c60_c.jpg

I bought them for $275 and will sell them for $250 insured shipping included to the lower 48. Canadian shipping is possible too.

Edited by breesej

Hello Joe, I sent you a pm. But also wanted to know if your aware if I can purchase new liners for these boots? I think they could work for my son. Also on the corroded hardware can it be replaced/repaired? Thanks :)

Hi Lisa, I read your PM.

For the benefit of others, I'll respond to your questions publicly.

You certainly can buy a new/different liner for the boots, however, I'm not sure how many sizes up or down you can go with these shells and various liners. These liners can certainly be molded one more time and probably molded a few more times after that. They have 4 molds total, (1 from the previous owner and 3 from me, once for each year I used them).

I would absolutely, 100%, recommend a custom foot bed for these boots or any boots that you buy. The SuperFeet heat molded ones are excellent for the price.

The corroded hardware is the t-nuts in the soles, directly behind the screws to hold the toe and heel blocks in place. It's not difficult to replace the hardware, it's just time consuming to unscrew the tongue to get access into the foot of the boot, then re-assemble. They corroded because the snow here in the spring is really wet and I spent a lot of days boarding last spring.

I hope that answers your questions.

So does the liner being molded around them(him) 4 times work ok because its based more on the foot bed?

The foot bed has nothing to do with the molding, the bottom of the liners are just fabric, no foam. The molding is all around the top of the foot, ankle, calf and shin areas.

I'm trying to decide between UPZ and Deeluxe boots do you know the biggest difference performance/fit wise, based on performance for a 13yr old fast racer who only weighs about 100 lbs and has narrow feet? He won't be riding these exclusively as he competes in soft boot disciplines as well, so he doesn't quite need all day comfort.

That's something that your son will have to figure out for himself. Working with a qualified boot fitter and tuner will work wonders.

Answering another question publicly regarding sizing for the benefit of selling these boots FAST! There are a few numbers embossed on the shell near the heel. "5,5/6/6,5" and "287mm". 287mm appears to be the length of the boot shell toe to heel. And I would assume that "5,5/6/6,5" means the boot will fit from a 25.5 to 26.5 mondo liner.

I would really like to sell these quickly so I can purchase my airfare to Aspen for SES this year.

Thanks.