Note to New Members ×

carpet carving 2013/14

kieran

the rules!

1. thee shall be shod in boots of sturdy and resilient construction, fixed yet upon a board of fyne manufacture and relevant purpose.
  2. an image shall thee display, for the portrayal of upstanding and captivating carving competence.
  3. (optional) knobbly knees thou mayst display, for the pleasure of thine peers.

Yes I think that board is FAR TOO SMALL for a giant, and should be sold on;)

Scots porridge oats makes for sturdy legs my gramps used to tell me:biggthump

Funny you should start such a thread I watched Chalet Girl t'other day and then found myself jumping off the settee, board strapped to my feet trying to do 180s.

Then I progressed to the dining table as it was higher...admittedly the dining table thing has manifested itself into a ritual each summer since I took up snowboarding...strange as it hasn't progressed to the snow yet..:confused:

no pics i'm afraid..

:p

found myself jumping off the settee

What's this them there "settee" you be talking about? ne'er hear o' such a thing in 'merica.

p.s. As soon as I get my new board I will post a carpet "EC" pic :p

What's this them there "settee" you be talking about? ne'er hear o' such a thing in 'merica.

p.s. As soon as I get my new board I will post a carpet "EC" pic :p

giving away my age of 182 and a 1/2 using words like that:eek:..I should have said sofa...:p

So you EC, that's my dream and i'm so far away from it..I hope to get there before I reach 200:biggthump

• 2 weeks later...

post-7136-141842397822_thumb.jpg

post-7136-141842397829_thumb.jpg

post-7136-141842397833_thumb.jpg

Is it a board? Is it a ski?

I don't know what to call it. A hybrid, a mongrel, a crossbreed, a chimera, or maybe just an abombernation.

The ideas behind it are in the thread of suggestions for Fin & Sean's Excellent Adventures video series, or whatever they're calling it.

This is a way of testing the concept without building anything special. The board has a 17cm waist, and with the bindings where they are the outermost parts of the boots are just within the footprint of the board. Carpet carving, it flicks from edge to edge quickly, and body angulation is easy on either edge.

Snow's all melting here, just as my Achilles tendon is starting to get strong enough to start to really do stuff. Right calf muscles are still weak and wasted but recovering. 6 weeks out of my brace and serious hill climbs out of the saddle on the road bike are just becoming possible.

Hope it snows wherever you are soon.

Postscript: Nov 17th 2013: It's an in-line snowboard.

Edited by SunSurfer

• 4 weeks later...