Note to New Members ×

Golf Board

www.oldsnowboards.com

For the golfers out there? :) Interesting twist on a mountain board? Looks like fun to zoom around the golf course. I wonder how well the other golfers are going to accept the concept?

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/765640644/surf-the-earth-with-the-golfboard/widget/video.html" frameborder="0"> </iframe>

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

I just came back from a round of golf and found this. Today's course was hilly and a lot of up and down and I found myself driving a cart like falling leave. Meanwhile, my mind was on Pogo on recent sale's post. :) I find this thing fascinating. That means I can ride board year around.. without being Mt. Hood.

Then, negative thoughts come by..

1. Am I going to be fine to drive this thing after a case of beers?

2. If I buy, are all courses allow me to drive this thing, instead of their cart?

3. What if course set 'Cart Path Only' for the day (usually after heavy rain)? Riding this just on the cart path would be cruel.

4. I can see teenager would use this device to have 5 hours of fun ride on golf course...without a line, no stopping, no lift, heck.. that would be equivalent to 2 full days on slopes.

I usually think and plan for next shot while I'm moving. If I'm on GolfBoard, I am sure that will be my last thing to think about. BUT.. if there is a golf course where rent this as a cart, I'll definitely check it out.

But I can see this GolfBoard would promote fast pace.

found it is sold (pre-order) around $3500.

• 2 weeks later...