Note to New Members ×

Bomber Member WINS at UK Bike Show BESPOKED

www.oldsnowboards.com

I know he is not one to blow his own horn, so, I am going to do it for him.

CONGRATS Eric!! (Mr.E)

http://www.bespokedbristol.co.uk/

Eric's website. BUY FROM HIM!! Keep a BOL member in business , right?

http://www.winterbicycles.com/

post-198-141842392408_thumb.jpg

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Eric,

I am truly humbled by your talent. Amazing. Just spent the last hour looking at your gallery on your website. You have that amazing hybrid of an artists eye, skilled hands, and a love of things mechanical. I am really impressed.

I am a big biker and have the standard mix of fancy-shmancy, carbon, ti, moon-rock, etc. bikes that small children in some Asian country made. But your products have something they will never have, character. As I looked at your bikes all I could think of was what I would have you make if I commissioned your service.

Next time you come to Denver let us know! We have all the gear you need and some passes as well. And I would love to make it down for that show. Had no idea you would be there.

Keep up the great work Eric and congrats on the award.

Thanks, Fin!

I always appreciate positive comments. It's especially appreciated coming from someone who "makes stuff" for a living and deals with similar concerns, albeit from their own perspective. So, thanks!

I have a sister in the Denver area, and will look you up next time I'm out. I'd love to spend a little time on the hill next winter- maybe I can bug you for some local knowledge.

If at some point in the future I can help you out with a bike, keep me posted.

i wonder if the grindstone has a large enough moment to work as a flywheel / KERS.

Noooooo!

=)

Well, yes, of course. But that bike was designed so that the wheel and grind drive chains could not be run at the same time. When the bike is riding there is no drive to the grinder, and when the grinder is running the rear wheel is "disconnected". Seemed like the safest possible set up for real use.

I can see it now.

Bomber Bike?

Damn. On the one hand, I know Fin would only want the best bike for his cycling needs, yet I can't help but think about all the possibilities.

CNC machined parts similiar to Bomber Industry products? Red anodizing, black carbon fiber, elastomers? Oh STOP ME >

Thanks- I clicked the link from your post and it opened right up. Let me know if you have any issues and I'll follow up.

This is the tail end of show season and I have a feeling I am getting a higher then average volume of web traffic (in a good way).

That is fantastic Eric, congratulations! You are turning out some gorgeous bikes, and I would love to see a Winter/Bomber collaboration... :) If I ever manage to scrape up the cash to go custom for a road bike, you are on my short list!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...