Note to New Members ×

Burton Driver X & Diode fitting / setup

dbmgreen

Just pull up on the heel end of the foam pad. the toe end stays connected.

It just snaps back in to place after you fasten the binding to the board.

Just set up a pair of Diodes w/ the Bomber Power Plates to supplement my aging

fleet of Catek Free Rides. Not a Burton guy, but so far I'm super happy with them.

• 2 months later...

dbmgreen,

The Bomber Power Plate has infinite adjustment as far as angles go. You actually set your soft binding on them at 0 degrees, and then rotate the Power Plate to where you want. So yes, it would give a binding that may have limits on angles the ability to go to any angle now.

• 2 weeks later...
ordered the plates, waiting :) good snow this week, hopefully test drive next weekend! I ended up getting Bruce to make me a softie, love his boards!!
w

With Sunsurfer out of the picture for the rest of the season how about giving the Northern hemisphere a report on your conditions so far this season. With 88 degree temps and tornado warnings yesterday I could use a picture of snow and or ice. Find a nice golf course and you might talk Bruce into taking some demos down for a business trip.

I gotta get some pics of Bruces boards in the Aussie bush / Ski resort. We have had a ****e season here (Bruce would cry at the state of the ptex on my boards), but am heading down again this friday, will do my best.

Plates have arrived and are fitted, they look pretty nice, but I can see (feel) why they would be better in carbon fibre.

Pretty expensive getting into softies board/binding/plates/boots, now that I have the board/plate setup, I reckon I could have gone a smidge narrower, oh well next time :)

NZ condition: ****e. Mt Hutt claims over 3 metre base, but that's complete BS I can tell ya. High temperature (5 degrees for the last 6 days) resulted in melting of most of snow outside the resort and even on the resort I can see rocks and pebbles at the unloading area of summit six, which is the highest point. One chairlift is down for rest of the season and the slope gets crowded and groomed slopes are ruined by lunchtime. Other resorts are not fairing much better... Had some good early snow coverage but high temperature is ruining them. For example at some stage Turoa recorded 11 degrees at 1,600 metre level in the middle of freaking winter. And that's after warm northerly wind has gone.

I'd say for carvers go for roundhill.... Fairly good snow, fairly uncrowded.

I've heard Aussie resorts are not going well. Well NZ resorts aren't going well either, Methven is unusually quiet at this time of the year.