Note to New Members ×

Ontario boys ripping it up

skategoat

Originally posted by skategoat

Guys:

I just talked to Bruce V and he's willing to come and do a bit of a clinic and help us dial in our setups.

Let's make sure we get plenty of notice so we can all fit it into our schedules.

Henry

no no! he's not allowed to leave his shop til I have a board!

:)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be great to hook up any day (Fri - Mon work for me, I'm sooooooo tired of the 9-5 Mon-Fri routine that even Wed would work :-)

Andrea and I are at the Heights of Horseshoe most weekends (look after the gates during races) but can make almost anything work on a Sat/Sun. Anyone interested in trying to get something together there? I can see about what's possible (still a newbie there so I don't have any clout yet...).

Also, a friend patrols Alpine and he hosts a Friday event in early March (usually after March Break)... I'll post details here when I know the date for this year. A couple of the runs there are really nice for carving.

And Feb 6 is fine for us :-)

Guest Todd Stewart

Can't make the 6th, i'll probally be working a BX at Beaver valley and be competing on the same course on the 4th. Maybe we can move the hill from osler to beaver valley, i know its private but as you can just say you are family of a racer.

Hi there, don't usually prowl here until after the new year. Saw Gabe and Andrew at MSLM on Sunday (9th).

Feb 6th works for me. Friday can also work. For Osler, I'd almost definitely make it for a Friday. Oh. And I have a nice digital camera now (EOS-20D) and could take pictures for the group.

arthur

Okay, looks like we have a session! Let's call it Sunday February 6 ladies and gentlemen (regrets to those that are otherwise occupied that day). Pray that the weather improves (he said looking out at the rain). I need to check the Osler race schedule and see if there are any big events going on that day but otherwise consider it a date.

We need a name for this session. Yes, you guessed it, we need a catchy acronym. I want all of the creative juices on this one. How about:

Canadian Alpine Restricted Vertical Expression Session (800 vertical feet can hardly be called a mountain - did I hear chuckling in CO?)

or

Great Lakes Alpine Community Expression Session (we're close enough to the 'ice' coast; oops, the Americans in the audience won't get this one - its the french word for ice).

More please.

I am going to work on Bruce Varsava and see if we can have him on hand. This may be difficult as I already have him going to SES the following weekend and that means his production schedule is going to go into the toilet (sorry D-Sub, the guy needs to have some fun once in a while). Alternatively, I may see if I can borrow a few boards as demos. Perhaps YYZ would like to do some marketing (that means you could write-off the cost of the ticket Dave).

Also, we need more of the female carving community on hand. Rob, can you bring Monique?

Monique should be there. What is the max on guests. I can put the word out at Kirby and probably backfill the list with carvers. probably 20 or so adult carvers here. and as many or more carving kids

anybody want to invite me for Sat. too. I'm hoping to race at Craigleith on the Friday and just stay in Collingwood until Sunday.

I have to stickhandle my way out of a family commitment for Feb. 6 but I should be okay. Might cost me a spa day.

I wonder if those of you with multiple quivers could bring extra boards that you don't mind others trying. I would love to take some runs on a narrow race board and anyone is welcome to try out my Prior 4WD 174.

The week before, we could draft up a list of committed riders and their quivers. It would be useful for co-ordinating rides as well.

See you there.

Henry

Guest Todd Stewart

well now that this thing has a name and everything i guess i can miss work just once. I'll let the other coach handle the boarder cross. Count me in for the 6th.

I seem to remember being at Osler 2 years ago on Superbowl Sunday. We were still finding untracked cord when the lifts closed! There were no lift lines.

Derek and I are in for the 6th. I'm not keen on the "ol' farts" name, as I'm neither!

I bet Zaphod and Diva will be in as well... I'll get them to RSVP also.

Beth

carveitup.net

Thanks for posting the video Henry. Didn't even know you were recording that day. I didn't even know about this post until someone mentioned it me on the hill today.

Not sure if you know Ken, but his son was shooting a few of us earlier that same morning. Ken said they came out pretty good, so maybe he'll get those posted some time as well.

Was up at MSLM today ... about 6/7 carvers turned out. The snow was actually really good! Looks like they got snow the past couple of days after the warm spell.

If the Osler thing is still going to happen, please count me in.

What great conditions yesterday.

To those who made it up to MSLM - what a great day a carving.

I was amazed that after all the rain and warm temps that the conditions could be so great.

Arthur - great having seeing you out.

Chris - now with the sexy Virus

Gabe - lowest carves on the hill

Andrew - nice to meet you and love the graphics on your Prior

I got the Madd set-up properly (thanks Jack Michaud) and absolutley love it.

I know it it is early, but what are the plans next weekend, sister-in-law is in town, so I have both days free.

All the best,

Rob