Note to New Members ×

Killington Ride

jtslalom

• 3 weeks later...
I rode today at Killington . . . Wide slopes and awesome conditions.

Hey jt - what trails did you hit? A friend and I might be heading up there this weekend. Last time I was there I wasn't into hardbooting so I don't remember the trails that well. Thanks :biggthump

Nick,

Its tough to say. I ride with my buddies whom live in Vermont. I just follow the pack. I think we stayed on Rams Head Peak for the afternoon ride. Mostly blue square runs and maybe a diamond or two. In the morning I'm pretty sure we rode Killington Peak and rode quite a few diamond runs and some blue square runs. None of which were all that steep. With exception to Bear Peak, Killington doesn't have to many steep runs like Whiteface or Stowe. Most of their diamond runs are very carvable. I would say do the same but I don't really know what you are looking for. Have fun

Yes! That helps. I found some older threads on here with some recommendations. Some were saying that Ramshead is a little too mellow for more advanced carvers? I can't tell if we should park there and use that as our base of operations, or if we should just take K1 up. We're not picky - I'm happiest on a mellow black or blue. A nice green cruiser always has a place in my book as well. :ices_ange

Like jt said, many fun mellow runs. Even from the top all the way down to the bottom of the gondola can be fun even though a bit flat it's so long and if no one around its nestled in trees for the bottom part.

Hey jt, I will be up there by myself next Sunday to Wed. Did you say you know carvers close by?