Note to New Members ×

Can I borrow some duct tape?

wvrocks

Ripped the front binding out of my Prior BX yesterday. Luckily I didn't get hurt. It was a used board, a custom

metal Prior BX made for Mort Nyberg and I was the 3rd owner. There was no warning before it broke, no obvious

distress under the bindings. The bindings were a little loose earlier in the day so I took them off and made an

adjustment to my cant plates and then retightened as usual. It was very cold yesterday so I wasn't really

surprised that they were loose. I rode the rest of the day, even ran two rescue toboggans with no issues.

Last run of the day I was on a mellow blue run in a fast heelside turn on icy conditions. The board washed

out and some where in the process of sliding on my ass I realized that I was no longer completely attached to

the board. I always wondered what the guts of a metal board looked like but I really didn't want to know this

badly.

iPhone%20487-M.jpg

iPhone%20490-M.jpg

iPhone%20492-M.jpg

Wow, there is no binding reinforcement. Its just t-nuts into the wood, I wonder if its like this just because its a boarder cross board meant for a normal soft boot bindings, not hard boots? Or if its the way Prior makes all of there boards. I know other company's reinforce there inserts with additional fiberglass or plastic to keep boards from ripping apart. Glad your OK!

Stewart

Wow, there is no binding reinforcement. Its just t-nuts into the wood, I wonder if its like this just because its a boarder cross board meant for a normal soft boot bindings, not hard boots? Or if its the way Prior makes all of there boards. I know other company's reinforce there inserts with additional fiberglass or plastic to keep boards from ripping apart. Glad your OK!

Stewart

Not sure. It was my understanding that this board was intended to be ridden with hardboots and that the guy it was made for was pretty big and strong. It has plate binding marks showing a larger stance than mine so it had seen hardboots before I got it.