Note to New Members ×

Tips to loosen locked td2 bolts?

kevbo

Kevbo,

Couple of options:

If you can get a 5mm socket for your socket wrench that gives you a pile more torque then a hex key. I have one we travel with at SES and have yet to have it fail.

If it is only one bolt that is stuck, you can gently tap on the base plate (or sole block) and rotate that assembly in the direction of loosening that bolt. Does not work so well on the center disk as the E-ring really sticks to the board.

Tip: grease all the bolts. We do this to our entire demo fleet and everything goes on tight and comes off easy. Dry threads are never a good idea and can cause galling or sticking of the screw.

If still have trouble, drop me a line and I'll see what else we can do to help.

Hey Kevin, I am happy to help if you are tapped out :) I have all the tools and have dealt with this a few times.

Listen to the Master, Bomber Butter is magic. I have lots.

If you break something in the process, I have everything needed for the extraction/replacement also.

That sure is one gorgeous board you recently bought . Merry Christmas.

Bryan

If you happen to have stripped the hex head and the allen key slips you can tap( hammer) the distorted metal back into place and the tapping usually helps loosen the screw as well as restore the hex head in the screw head. If he comes over to visit you Brian what kind of beer should he bring ?

If you happen to have stripped the hex head and the allen key slips you can tap( hammer) the distorted metal back into place and the tapping usually helps loosen the screw as well as restore the hex head in the screw head. If he comes over to visit you Brian what kind of beer should he bring ?

"Rotator" is my current favorite

Thanks for all the help! :) I got the nuts loose. wd and the hammer tap did the job. I did round out one of my m6 bolts. Bryan do you have some or one i could buy from you? i really would like to get that berserker on some snow. Give me a call and we could meet if you are in town. k:)

I am sure I have any hardware you need. I will give you a call. I don't go into Portland any more than I have to. Although I do have to Thursday, but I won't be driving. Another surgery, going under the knife to remove some Ti hardware.

You are welcome to come over to my place in Vancouver. Maybe I could ship it ? Should get there in a day or two? Maybe not soon enough? Up to you

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

There is a foaming liquid wrench (yellow bolt-shaped cap) that I used successfully on the transmission bolts on my truck. I couldn't break those loose with a 2' breaker bar, and after 10 min with that on, they popped right off with a regular wrench. I would imagine that it would be pretty bad for topsheets and epoxies, so take-er easy! The foam helps it stay in place, although it basically does the same thing as WD-40.

I also wouldn't force anything for risk of spinning the inserts in your board. I just removed a stripped screw using a screw remover from Canadian tire. It's double-sided with a drill on one side (step 1) and a reverse thread thing on the other side (step 2). Took 2 min and I was able to unscrew using a wrench instead of the drill.