Note to New Members ×

Bachelor 2012-2013 Thread

Mike T

• 3 weeks later...

9 Feet of Snow and $99 3-Day Lift Tickets

If you want snow, Mt. Bachelor has it! We've received 9 feet of snow so far this season, and with more than 5 feet on the ground, Mt. Bachelor is the place to be this holiday season.

Outback Express is already open for the season and with Northwest Express and Summit Express opening soon, Mt. Bachelor is on track to be 100% open for Christmas!

96 Hour Lift Ticket Sale

3-Day Tickets as low as $99

Mt. Bachelor will offer its best possible 3-day and 4-day lift ticket rates for the 2012-2013 winter season during a 96 hour online sales event from 9am Friday, December 7 through 9am Tuesday, December 11 (or while supplies last)!

3-of-5 Day Lift Tickets - Ski or ride 3 days within a consecutive 5-day period

$99 - Restricted ticket with blackout/exclusion dates* - Save 47% off the regular price!

$129 - Unrestricted ticket with NO blackout/exclusion dates - Save 31% off the regular price!

4-of-6 Day Lift Tickets - Ski or ride 4 days within a consecutive 6-day period

$132 - Restricted ticket with blackout/exclusion dates* - Save 44% off the regular price!

$159 - Unrestricted ticket with NO blackout/exclusion dates - Save 33% off the regular price!

* The first day of the restricted-use tickets cannot be used on the following dates:

December 24-31, 2012; January 1, January 17-20, February 14-17 and March 23-29, 2013.

Tickets must be purchased online and will not be available at the ski area. Once purchased, tickets can be picked-up on the first day of use at any open ticket window at the ski area.

Don't delay - only a limited number of tickets are available while supplies last!

• 2 weeks later...

Is that a preference thing for pow or because there hasn't been much groom to speak of so far? I would think the groom will be epic this morning but it might be tough to link turns at speed with the holiday crowd. I'm going to lay down some heavy lines on marshmallow with the kids today. I rode from opening to close yesterday without a drop of food or water. It was that good as you probably know.

I just dig riding... and will go on-piste or off, depending on where is better. Thursday, it was definitely off-piste that was best... especially Summit once it opened. Yesterday I did some carving but the groomers are still pretty soft and hence got bumped up quickly. Surprisingly, T-Bird lasted the longest! BTW I'm usually in a bright orange jacket except on warm days when I wear the red one as seen in my avatar.

I just dig riding... and will go on-piste or off, depending on where is better. Thursday, it was definitely off-piste that was best... especially Summit once it opened. Yesterday I did some carving but the groomers are still pretty soft and hence got bumped up quickly. Surprisingly, T-Bird lasted the longest! BTW I'm usually in a bright orange jacket except on warm days when I wear the red one as seen in my avatar.

It's been a long time since I rode a hard boot setup but I can imagine they dig in really hard on the softer groom...which is why I ask dumb questions. I don't really know much about the carving setups, I'm just lurking to gleam information on making smooth turns and what makes snowboards go fast. Backside of summit was sick the other day, well worth the wait. I didn't even take a run down the front, straight off the back for 4 laps and done.

I know who you are Mike. We've ridden the chair a couple times over the years but I see you from the chair on a regular basis. I'll say what up next time I see you in line. Looks like the annual January dry spell has arrived on schedule....

Yeah, backside was awesome the other day! Might hit it again this afternoon, unless the groomers stay as good as I think they will today.

Don't give up hope on a snow January: http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions//multi_season/13_seasonal_outlooks/color/churchill.php

I'm waiting to see where this lands, that's snow behind the front.

http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/PacificSatellite.aspx?animate=true

• 2 weeks later...

9 Feet of Snow and $99 2-Day Lift Tickets

If you want snow, Mt. Bachelor has it! We have 9 feet of snow on the ground at mid-mountain and with more than 18 feet falling this season to-date, Mt. Bachelor is the place to be!

With 100% of terrain open daily (weather permitting), make plans to soak in some sunshine from the Summit, cruise on the corduroy or play in the powder!

This 96 hour sale begins at 9am Friday, January 11 and continues until 9am Tuesday, January 15.

Supply is limited; sale may end sooner than Tuesday at 9am if quantities sell-out.

$99 - 2-of-3 Day Lift Tickets - Ski or ride 2 days within a consecutive 3-day period

Save 27% off the regular price! The first day of the ticket must be used on/before Monday, February 11, 2013

$129 - 3-of-5 Day Lift Tickets - Ski or ride 3 days within a consecutive 5-day period

Save 31% off the regular price! The first day of the ticket must be used on/before Monday, February 11, 2013

Don't delay - only a limited number of tickets are available while supplies last!

AVAILABLE FOR SALE BEGINNING AT 9AM FRIDAY, JANUARY 11

All lift tickets are non-transferable and are assigned to one person.

Tickets must be purchased online and will not be available at the ski area. Once purchased, tickets can be picked-up on the first day of use at any open ticket window at the ski area.

Mt. Bachelor, at its sole discretion, will determine the length of the winter season & the operating schedule. The planned winter season, through May 26, 2013, is subject to change.

All sales are final. No refunds due to length of season, or for any other reason including medical emergencies and injuries, whether the ticket is picked up on not.

Agreed, the grooming has been better this year than recent years. The again, there's been fewer days with big temp differences between top and bottom, which is what they have obvious difficulties with.

If we're going to do a NOES, how about making it coincide with the Reno crew's visit, 2/19 - 2/21?

Agreed, the grooming has been better this year than recent years. The again, there's been fewer days with big temp differences between top and bottom, which is what they have obvious difficulties with.

If we're going to do a NOES, how about making it coincide with the Reno crew's visit, 2/19 - 2/21?

Thanks for the updates. I definitely want to make it your way this season. I am going to be as picky as I can about the conditions due to the likely hood I won't make more than one or two trips this season. The reports will really help me to plan. Looks like we have a cold dry spell coming right now? Maybe a week or so.

That would be the pattern I would be seeking, good dump, followed by some sunny cold days of good groomers.

Much appreciated. Bryan

(PS. thanks to the "auto save" feature I didn't loose the last post)

• 5 weeks later...
Mike T- How the hell are you!! It's been a while to say the least!*

I'm thinking of heading to Bachelor soon! What is your schedule like this week?*

It has indeed been forever! Unfortunately, weekend riding only for a few weeks for me. Would love to catch up!