Note to New Members ×

Schweitzer Reports 2012-13

Pusbag

Snowing good on the mountain already with today being the last day of there pass sale. This post is for all things schweitzer except there will be a seperate thread just for our carving event NICE jan 14-20 2013. Will post opening dates as they are announced.

Edited by Pusbag

• 3 weeks later...

Last Saturday was better then Sunday. They were closed all week and try to open Friday but didn’t because it was raining. Open today and I must say to was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. With 4“-5” of new heavy wet snow at the top of the Basin Express. And tomorrow should be better it was trying to snow in the village when I was leaving at noon.

Crazy times on the mtn today with 3 people being partially buried in a avalanche at the bottom of headwall. I had my front binding pull off the board today, the inserts I had installed pulled right through the topsheet. Was glad it happened while unloading and no injuries. But I guess the eldorado is officially retired. Now I will need to have a custom pow board made. Day 3

Back to my old antics like harassing Kram at the bottom of chair 4, rutting up the beginner slope since it had the best groomers and no people so I could take my half out of the whole run. Good to be back in the saddle and the new cyborg leg is doing well. Day 4

• 2 weeks later...

Finally went out for a few hours been letting a dislocated shoulder heal up. Probably should have stayed off the hill but I couldn't take it anymore so I went anyways. Wind pack pow was really good and also carved it up on the bunny slope for a few runs. Was a little soft with foot deep trenches on every turn.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...