Note to New Members ×

Hello! Help to make a correct choice

Guest Alex K.

I like em long and stiff

I assume you mean 80 k so thats about 176 lbs you won't have a problem with either board as far as over powering it

both are decent boards it depends on your ability, what you want to do and where you ride

if you are new to carving get the Silberfeil

if you want to haul ass, rip big wide turns and are experienced in alpine go with the speedster

Guest Alex K.

So I sinking about Silberfeil cause I'm a beginner carver and it will be hard for me to make fist steps using Slalom board F2 RS.

What do you think about bindings?

F2 titanflex intek or Catek? I have Catek but I thinking about F2

http://www.f2snow.com/2004_5/english/produkte/bindings/titanflex/titanflex.html

What can yuo say about this idea?

Forget the Speedster for now, the Silberpfeil is what you want. The Speedster 183 would be very difficult for learning, it is a pure GS race machine. The Silberpfeil is a freecarver that will let you learn to carve at slower, more comfortable speeds. There are some articles you might like to read in the Welcome Center of this site.

-Jack

Why you choose between 172 Silber and 183 RS ?

I would rather choose 173 RS, it has nicer side cut than Silber and you can carve it much easier. Sidecut allows you more EC style riding even board is quite narrow for that. Also they are quite flexy so if you can ride it turns quite nicely and even tight when needed.

Originally posted by pokkis

Why you choose between 172 Silber and 183 RS ?

I would rather choose 173 RS, it has nicer side cut than Silber and you can carve it much easier.

The 172 Silberpfeil has an 11m radius. This will be much easier to learn on than the 173RS, which has a 14m radius. The RS will have to be ridden much faster to carve small enough turns. Beginner carvers need a board that will carve at slower speeds where they will be more comfortable.

Sidecut allows you more EC style riding even board is quite narrow for that. Also they are quite flexy so if you can ride it turns quite nicely and even tight when needed.

Alex said he is a beginner carver. EC style is NOT for beginners. It is a very advanced way of carving.

As for bindings, Alex, what can I say, TD2 all the way!! :) 3 degree discs front and rear, and the yellow e-rings are a good place to start.

A radius closer to 10m will be easier for a novice to work with because, as Jack said, you don't have to be going very fast to get it to carve nice turns. (I'd avoid anything smaller though, for fear of outgrowing it too quickly).

With a larger sidecut, you need to either go faster, make BIG gradual turns, or just skid your turns. A radius in the 13-14m range will require you to go fast before you start carving, and as a beginner you probably want to learn to carve before you start going fast. :)