Note to New Members ×

New Pow board - Fawcett boards

pan

Hi all , Fawcett here. Just spent an hour respionding to questions and tried to hit post and "poof" all gone. Here are some facts that might answer some questions posted here.

* This board has a 166cm material length...( 164 cord length ) it's more than long enough for me and a few 6' tall big dudes I've had on it. All rippers too.

* The tribute 164 construction is a traditional vertically laminated wood core , steel edges , and a P-tex bottom. The woodies ( still in development ) have no steel edges and the horizontal ( skate-style ) wood core.

* It does have a waist greater than 30 cm....it's 30.5 cm. All relative dimentions go out the window when disscussing a rev-sidecut board vs a traditional sidecut board.

* I agree with most of you...it's not an all mountain board for everyday riding where one might encounter only 25% of there turns as powder turns. It will handle cat tracks etc , and you can make it down groomers fine, just don't expect it to arc like your carving or traditional sidecut board. Gotta slide it a spec at the begining of your turns on the groomers. Once the turn is initiated , then you can fire it up on edge. This board out performs all sidecut boards in powder...by far.

* The surf senstaion....go surfing , get really good at surfing a short board , then you'll see. I've been surfing for 21 + years, and some of the most memorable moments of my life have been ripping waves as such. A top-notch shortboard surfboard can both carve bottom turns like a water-ski , and slash off the top like.... a surfboard. It's more "pivoty" especially up front where a snowboard is not. It feels as though you can lock your back foot down to a point , and pivot or wrap your front foot around that axis, all while the back of the baord is still carving. Best feeling really , looser when you want it, and carvy when you want it. You can also feel the mid point of the board engaging on a surfboard. On a snowboard the tip and tail engage too much in the powder , and you loose this pivot ability. It's also way faster on edge in powder conditons than anything with sidecut.

hope this helps !!!! cheers and enjoy !!

Welcome to Bomber Online Forum Mark!!!

We as a group certainly appreciate all you have done in alpine world and hope you can stop by here from time to time. You have come up on a number of threads recently and I have a couple questions for you.

Who was the skier that crashed next to you in the "Sims Tribute Poster". Classic!!!

Does this snowboard look familiar? Curious.

This is Bryan from Oldsnowboards.com I think the last time we talked was in Hood River quite a few years ago. I was at a swap meet and you signed an old Burton Performer I was carrying around. Thanks in advance.

Hi all , Fawcett here. Just spent an hour respionding to questions and tried to hit post and "poof" all gone. Here are some facts that might answer some questions posted here.

Side note. The forum has "auto save" built in. It may have saved your post as you were writing it?

Here is a link to a thread you might get a kick out of. http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?3156-Old-school-pros-where-are-they-now

post-198-141842373305_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842373297_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842373302_thumb.jpg

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Mark, thanks for posting and for all you have done for Canadian snowboarding!

In '94 I was at Island Lake Lodge with my Dad. This was before fat skiis became popular. They had some of the early Atomic fatties for rent. My dad, who has no ego about this sort of thing, saw right away that they would be fun and rented them first morning. After my 60 year old dad showed how easy it was to rip it up on fat skis, everyone else wanted a pair.

So I think Mark could sell a boatload of these to cat and heli operators for rentals.

Edited by Neil Gendzwill

* The surf senstaion....go surfing , get really good at surfing a short board , then you'll see.

It's a little late for that, Mark... Unless you can help by driving the jet ski and tow me in!

Just the same, I'm really interested to see which of your boards (or mine, or Al's) you prefer for NoBoarding... Your reverse sidecut one or your fish. As it is, we don't have many (any) people in the game who live for turn shape like the racer does.

I'm thinking it'll probably come down to the snow, where a board like Johan's (rev cut) Venture was great in blower, but a handful off the rope in shallower snow. The Fish would have been best all around, with Wolle's base profile allowing a degree of control in tracked or packed snow that the others couldn't touch. Of all the boards I have, the Asmo is the go-to for snow surfing.

Truth be told, I'd have all of them in the car or on the sleigh if I could... Outline and base profile becomes such a huge consideration without attachment. With bindings, it's about feel. Without, it's about being able to ride, period, and just survival at times.

Hope we make it happen for the 29th... Clarkie is stoked for a death-march.

post-2486-141842373327_thumb.jpg