Note to New Members ×

XGames Cancels Boardercross

Jack M

So they say: "we come up with what we believe are the best events to showcase to our fans on-site and obviously the networks, too"

OK, MAYBE a long X course for the fans on-site isn't appealing to the masses.

But they also say: "snowmobile snocross...returning to the 2013 Aspen schedule." Isn't that a longerish course too?

Oh well board and ski X were the only events I tried to catch...

Maybe it's that, if it's an Olympic sport, it's no longer X worthy :sleep:

If that's the case, they should kick out pipe now, and slopestyle right after Sochi.

That makes no sense. The cross events are some of the best spectating at the X Games. If you look at the athletes, I guess Lindsay Jacobellis doesn't have the sponsor power of a Kelly Clark, and Nate Holland doesn't cut it against Shaun White ... but still, that's a weird decision.

Well, that takes some of the gloss off Winter X for me - those were the two events I'd watch all the way from heats to finals.

the work required for that course is Phenomenal...I have watched them build it each year, to bad though it is a really cool event to watch while riding up the chair...guessing they will now make slopestyle even more radical as it goes up the hill a ways as well ?

Burton is also moving their Spring Championships to Vail this year...

Just received my new Parka for this year and some storms have headed this way from the northwest :) Cowabunga

• 2 weeks later...