Note to New Members ×

Diablo Composites 192 Powder/Freeride board

Mike T

Diablo Composites 192 Powder/Freeride board.

Waist width: 24.5 cm

Sidecut: Somewhere in the 12 - 13m range. Don't recall exactly what the Diablo crew told me.

This was a demo, the fit and finish are less than what you would expect from say, Prior, Donek, Coiler. Was demoed by 4 or 5 folks before I bought it, two springs ago. Can be ridden in hard boots or soft, I've done both, and preferred softies on it personally. I used it as my primary soft booting board for the first season.

Imagine a Tanker 192, make it quicker edge-to-edge (more torsionally stiff), bigger sidecut radius, and more durable.

The finish issues include a rather noticeable top sheet bubble towards the tail, shown below. One of the folks who demoed it before I did, use binding screws that were too long, there are dimples on the base because of this. They were there when I got the board, and remain the same now. Normal wear-and-tear base dings, and minor edge damage. A shop tune would be a good idea on this board. The base is not flat - think "2004/2005 Madd reissues". Despite all these issue, the board is very rideable and has not deteriorated during the time I've owned it. It's a beefy board, very durable, despite not being all that heavy for its length. Should take punishment better than a Tanker does.

$225 + shipping / insurance from 97701. Due to the length, shipping might cost more than other boards, and I need to figure out how to pack it... local deals are preferred. Paypal is the preferred form of payment.

Top:

t728w2.jpg

Base:

k1qsfd.jpg

Base dimples:

2dqo8pk.jpg

Topsheet bubble:

10cvtzd.jpg

Edited by Mike T

• 2 months later...
Thinking about it... I don't need the Cateks, anyone else want Catek FRs and have something juicy to make a good 3-way trade with?

Please define juicy, cause I'm interested in cateks.

What are you looking for?

Please define juicy, cause I'm interested in cateks.

What are you looking for?

I'm looking for some TD3 standard uppers (everything that goes on top of the plates) or whole bindings, or a pair of Burton C60s or CO2s in size Medium in good condition.

Or I could make the trade and sell the Cateks, given that there seems to be interest.

I'm looking for some TD3 standard uppers (everything that goes on top of the plates) or whole bindings, or a pair of Burton C60s or CO2s in size Medium in good condition.

Or I could make the trade and sell the Cateks, given that there seems to be interest.

My guess is Bryan has the upper hand in this trade! A would have to the cash route as I

Don't have td's and my wife would kill me

If I took her carbon co2s!

Photos of the cateks? And are they frs or fr2s?

My guess is Bryan has the upper hand in this trade! And are they frs or fr2s?

Sorry Todd, what does that mean? I only wish to offer info. Otherwise not yet involved in the sale/trade.

If they are the ones I sold 02halo, they are FR , not FR2s. I am guessing they are still in excellent condition.

thanks Bryan. i appreciate the info. i should stay out of this because i will just resort to cash and my bikes (and kids and wife and house and cars) need all of that at the moment.

You are certainly welcome Dave. I actually sold or traded two sets to him I think ? What is almost funny is I think I might have one or two more sets. Looks like I will not be doing much soft boot riding for a while though. Not once in the past two seasons and the only times I have ridden soft were for old school contests / events I think. My point? I may have a pair for you sometime in the future. Once things settle down here I will be looking real hard at the inventory :)

Bryan

I am half tempted to pick it up just for nostalgia. I have not heard from Eric and Abel in a while. Mike, have you heard of any boards being built this past season? He gave me a board and it was even stiffer than I liked, so I returned it so they could sell it. I really want to end up with one of their boards in the collection. I met Abel at Timberline when his Dad was a liftie and his Mom worked in the gift shop. The story goes I gave Abel his first alpine board, he was such a great kid and so enthusiastic. Lost track and met back up like 15 years later in Bend. He turned out to be quite the ripper indeed. His boards were all about being big, bad, and powerfull, just like him!!:)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6qEN-yU4pes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is another friend riding one of their 200cm alpine boards.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gDsYmh11QJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

You are certainly welcome Dave. I actually sold or traded two sets to him I think ? What is almost funny is I think I might have one or two more sets. Looks like I will not be doing much soft boot riding for a while though. Not once in the past two seasons and the only times I have ridden soft were for old school contests / events I think. My point? I may have a pair for you sometime in the future. Once things settle down here I will be looking real hard at the inventory :)

Bryan

I'll be interested, when that time comes. Always wanted to try the Catek FR and every indication from others is that the L/XL version will work with my size 15 soft boot. I've used Flows for years and am fond of them but am intriqued by the Cateks, nonetheless. All the best Bryan.

I'll be interested, when that time comes. Always wanted to try the Catek FR and every indication from others is that the L/XL version will work with my size 15 soft boot. I've used Flows for years and am fond of them but am intriqued by the Cateks, nonetheless. All the best Bryan.

Dave, I really enjoyed the fact I could swap a plate and a softboot binding in a matter of seconds. Handy for those "Tweener" days.

The FR uses the older plate that does dimple the aluminum, but it never really was an issue for me. I know that I have seen a few of the high back connections get tweeked or broken, but I think it was usually from a bad fall. In that situation I would rather have the binding damaged then my bones. Can't speak about a size 15. Damn that is a serious platform:)