Note to New Members ×

June Carvers Classic - SNES 2012 Official Thread

nekdut

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets pray for good weather, we have to please the weather God(s) or Mother Nature in any which way we can. Oh yes, ANY way. :ices_ange

See you all at June. Remember 8.15 for the gear cart ride up.

Bev already drove up with the boom box and gear. I am in Colorado as we speak, unfortunately for bizz.

I was actually thinking of bringing my ski boots and P02s just for s#!ts and giggles, particularly since we have the convenient gear transport/storage overnight. I'd be interested in trying out your skis (with my meager ski skills) if you do decide to bring them up. :)

Anyone have a reliable weather forecast, or is that an oxymoron, anyhow heard recently rain may be coming in on Saturday, I have only been to Mammoth once and seen rain rather than snow, which was a week and a half ago. Needless to say I am doin the snow dance and hoping for the same.

D

Yeah, the NOAA forecast is usually the one to follow. We'll likely get only a dusting on Saturday during the day (still prime carving), but there might be a little fresh for us on Sunday.

Edited by nekdut

What up, saw this post and was pleased to see that there were some other carving folk from Santa Barbara. May really have to consider going to June for the shindig Saturday hmmm, hope the weather does not get soggy.

Neil,

I just heard from Thomas in Santa Barbara and he indicated he will be coming up with Terry and Frank....but they won't arrive til mid day Saturday (Terry and Frank like to sleep in):)

Good morning all!

Woke up this morning and looked outside; we had some dusting overnight here in Mammoth. So nice. Curious to see the quality of the run tomorrow in June. Should be good. Lets hope for cold temps and a tiny bit of sun shine for our event.

I am in for Saturday, rode a few hours this morning at Mammoth and the snow was great! The visibility then went flat and the crowds exploded so I called it a day. Fingers crossed for tomorrow, look forward to meeting some fellow Samurai regardless of the weather.

D