Note to New Members ×

Locking your board

Surf Quebec

That's the standard SL, stock model from 2010-2011.

The first time I rode it last season I hit a mogul field doing about twice as fast as I thought I was doing. I hadn't particularly noticed the width but looking at it there it's looking significantly wider than some I've ridden. My angles have been mellowing since the heady heights of the early 2000s... down to around 53 parallel now.

Today I equipped that with one "M6 A4-AISI 316 Stainless Steel Eyebolt DIN 580 - 308.110.006". With a slightly shortened thread as it was too long for the inserts as expected. There's plenty of space under the rear binding. Looking at it I think I need to fit the second one too as you could unscrew all the standard screws and then rotate binding plus this all together.

That's the standard SL, stock model from 2010-2011.

Looking at it I think I need to fit the second one too as you could unscrew all the standard screws and then rotate binding plus this all together.

How long are you leaving it locked up?? I would imagine if I saw someone doing that I may have to wonder what the heck they were doing and inquire.

• 2 weeks later...

When I go somewhere that I know I can't keep an eye on my ride I use a cable gunlock. I first tried it out after the gunlock wouldn't fit my rifle. It's 1/4 inch stainless steel cable with a plastic coating and uses a key. It also fits in my pocket with minimal weight. But mostly at Killington I can watch it, and I've seen what happens to thieves in vermont, it's not pretty and it's not legal, but after being beat up by half a dozen people and then getting cuffed and stuffed by the Trooper who is also kinda rough on them I think they tend to stay away.

I don't really worry about my carving boards as I rarely see any other hard boot snowboarders. I'll lock up my doughboy shredder when I take it up though

This is me too. The carving boards are too weird and too easily recognizable to be a target, but the softie gets locked up when I take it out. it's not worth a lot, but it would be annoying if someone lifted it.