Note to New Members ×

Snowbasin Hardbooters

boardguru

This is my second season at Snowbasin, and my wife and I have only met one other hardbooter there, Jeff P. utahdeafcarver on this site. There surely has to be other hardbooters who ride here.

Maybe I'm just not seeing anyone else because of being there when the lifts open instead of being on the 'crack of noon' club.

Is there anybody out there?

Mick

This is my second season at Snowbasin, and my wife and I have only met one other hardbooter there, Jeff P. utahdeafcarver on this site. There surely has to be other hardbooters who ride here.

Maybe I'm just not seeing anyone else because of being there when the lifts open instead of being on the 'crack of noon' club.

Is there anybody out there?

Mick

There are a few of us up there. Since the snow has been so bad this year no one has really been riding.

My brother will be up there this weekend but the Dew tour is in town so it will be a mad house.

Shoot me a message and I can get you his contact info.

VM

• 3 weeks later...

Mick,

My wife are recent Utah transplants from Texas. We ride at Snowbasin regularly. Mainly on weekends but I try to snag some Fridays and a few after work runs here and there. I ride a traditional board but I am REALLY interested in hard booting as it seems to be exactly my style and that's what led me to this website. I would love to meet up and talk to someone with experience about this style of riding sometime. In fact I am planning on doing a half day up there this friday so if you are going to be there it would be cool to try to meet.

Howdy Brownnick,

Welcome to Utah!

I am at Snowbasin almost every day,well maybe one day a week off. My wife and I are both there on the weekends. We are usually in the front of the gondola line to try and get first crack at the fresh cord. Usually you can't miss seeing me, I wear clothing that makes you want welding goggles to look at, or something to poke your eyes out with since it is so loud and bright. So I'm either a target or a moving Warning sign, target most likely since I got hit a few weeks ago.

We both ride Coilers, hers is a blue floral pattern and I ride a green snakeskin Coiler, or one with a blue ice crystal topsheet.

I'll definately be there on Friday morning and would be happy to talk about equiptment, and ride with you.

Mick

Howdy dredman and martyagt4,

I just got home from riding today. and snow conditions were pretty nice for digging trenches. Flat light, but a fun day.

Not as crowded on the weekends as the SLC resorts, but there can be a wait sometimes. This weekend all bets are off though.

It will be swarming with the holiday Monday, early it's great then starts to clog up with all of the late risers.

dredman, I might be there tomorrow, depends on how my wife feels, but for sure Sunday through the rest of the week.

My friends and I are almost always in the front of the gondola line for opening. I ride a green snakeskin top Coiler. There aren't a lot of hardbooters, so my wife and I are hard to miss.

It would be fun to meet up with other hardbooters to ride with.

Mick

Edited by boardguru

Mick, I have been up there Friday afternoon and almost all day Saturday but haven't seen you around. I met a guy who rides a yellow coiler and wears a red jacket (I forgot his name!) though and had a nice chat. Don't know if I'll make it today/tomorrow as the wife has a big list of projects for the weekend.

. I met a guy who rides a yellow coiler and wears a red jacket (I forgot his name!) though and had a nice chat.

Red coat, yellow Coiler, that was me. Nice to meet you Nick.

I rode Basin Saturday, Wildflower was in great form till noonish, then the skidders had it pretty slicked off. Thank goodness the holiday traffic is going home today!

Hopefully soon I will actually cross paths with another carver. Not sure when I will be back up, my son has a pass there so I am fairly certain it will be soon.

Cheers, David

• 2 weeks later...

Mick! Where were you today? We just kept looking for the snakeskin topsheet. It is just not the same without you at the front of the line and there wasn't anyone to visit with while sitting in the sun after riding.

They finally groomed Wildcat Bowl. I love that run. We saw a hardbooter riding the Porky's lift but never hooked up.

We are off on Wednesday. See you next year at Basin and maybe we will even see Trish if you two come to Powder for the weekends.

Sorry I missed you. I'm couch surfing because of a sprained ankle.

Trish and I look forward to riding with you at Powder Mountain next season, and to get away from the crowds at 'basin on the 'rookie days' when we become targets.

Mick

• 3 years later...