Note to New Members ×

Suspension rubbers (not TD2!)

Derf

I just came back from the shop with my freshly waxed and sharpened board. Now is the time to put back my bindings on. I'm keeping the same stance and angles (18.5", 60/60), the most comfortable one after severable experimentations.

I have some Burton Performance plates (halfway between Race and Carriers, aluminium baseplate, plastic blocks) and I have two choices of suspension rubbers: the soft red ones and the hard blue ones. I always used the blue as I always tought stiffer is better (yeah, I know I ride Burton plates, nowhere as stiff as the other aluminium bindings). But with all this reading about E-rings for the TD2 and the dampening it brings, I was wondering: should I go with the soft red ones or the hard blue ones.

Thanks for the input.

Originally posted by Derf

Now is the time to put back my bindings on.

Is that what I've heard called "Canenglish"?? :p

I think the softer ones might get some more life out of the bails, but the ride will be softer. Try it and see - it's easy enough to mount/dismount Burton bindings.

Play around with the two, it's super easy to change them. I run Burton bindings and use different rubbers on different set-ups. Try them out for yourself and see what you like. Personally I think you get enough movement in that binding and you will probably end up liking the hard ones better, but that is just my thoughts, you might feel you like the softer ones better.

Jack, that's Quenglish and they are totally allowed. After bringing us Poutine and Montreal Smoked Meat, not to mention those gorgeous Quebec girls that hardboot, a little liberty with clauses, adjectives, verbs and conjunctions is fine. Much easier to understand than the yoo-ess trailer park rednecks, no offense to anyone on this board of course!

Sorry about the bad english, I wrote this post late last night, and usually, my English is not THAT bad. You guessed my mother tongue is French. It should have read "put my bindings back on".

And yes, you are all right on those things: we have REAL beer, poutine, smoked meat and hardbooting never died here!;)

And no, we don't say "abOOt" in Québec, we pronounce it correctly and we don't always say "hey".:p

I use the blue bumpers on my race plates, I think they are the siffer ones, no? I have never even thought of using the other ones. Maybe I should try them.

On another note, Phrases overheard in a bar in Rouyn Noranda QC.

I threw the horse over the fence some hay!

and,

That man is phuckeen and animal!

sorry for the swear, but It has to be there to make sense.

Originally posted by Mark.Andersen

Its a rather offensive concoction of french fries, gravy, and cheese curds.

Canadians seem to love it:confused:

It's not offensive at all, well, maybe offensive to a sensitive stomach. People from the province of Québec love it, not Canadians. Québec is quite different from the rest of Canada, even if some will say the contrary, and it's more than just the language.

Fleaman, indeed, the blue bumpers are stiffer than the red ones.

Poutine is the greatest invention since TD 2's You know you are getting a real poutine because the cheese isn't melted and it squeaks in your mouth. I hate living out west because there is not as much poutine as back east. One other thing I miss is going to Quebec to a "depaneur" and getting some beer and tortillons. I love that cheese. I miss it so much. I also love Quebec for their free loving women and the low low drinking age of 18. I lived at a ski area a stone throw's distance away from the Ontario/Quebec border. I loved it. Rouyn is a great party city, then when we got bored there, we went to Val D'or. Some of the best times I had when I was younger was in Quebec.

When reading (mostly) American forums like Bomber and Slashdot, I tend to forget about thing we take for granted here in Québec, like being able to buy beer at the dépanneur (what you guys call cornerstore or a 7-11) at the age of 18. Even English speaking people in Québec say "dépanneur" in English instead of saying cornerstore.

And speaking of Québec specialties, I forgot about another obvious thing: maple syrup (and sugar shack/sugar house, whatever it is called in english). I'm really kickin myself for forgeting as I work all day making equipment for this!!! The Americans that tried it for the forst time at my old work place really liked it. But from what I understand, they are some in Ontario and North-Eastern US, but the ambiance there is not the same.

And about the main subject, I'll try the red bumpers and see how it comes out. I'm going bording Monday, but I have to fix a minor delam in a corner with some epoxy and a C-clamp this weekend.