Note to New Members ×

Goggles: A Heads Up Display

dantheman0177

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FTde1t917NM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sounds cool. For 300-400$ I will be willing to let others test it first.

http://shop.reconinstruments.com/Product/MODLive/900-00007

But having it in the goggle is nice.. for instance.. if I am on a chairlift I can see my text messages come in on my display (not have to dig into my jacket) and using the Iphone 4s I can tell siri to send a reply. I have to make a pouch for my iphone in a scarf or hat so Siri can hear me... she's my bitch. JK I only have the Iphone 4... another GF has the 4s and calls Siri her bitch.

Has anyone seen or tried this out?

Looks like it would be pretty cool, especially for those guys who like to carry altitude meters, GPS trackers, g-force meters, etc:

http://vimeo.com/31574543

I have the first gen ones from them. Very nice toy but not really needed. What I like most about them is the tint/color and shade happens automaticly like transition glasses. No need for the battery to be charged.

These new ones are nice but I have no need to see my text messages when on the slope. I think it has a video camera built in as well.

I dont see any benefit for that, vice versa. Who has time to check speed etc during run? and what if you have time why you want to know that during run? on lift way up i get it but for that you dont need such gizmo.

Having a Facebook app built into the unit makes me me sick. That's just plain stupid....

But you can just turn it on and let it record everything for review off mountain. I just turn it on and let it do its thing. I use the clock for the most part anyway. I like to know when its beer o'clock.

wait so is this a HUD or just a tiny screen you are looking at?? because from the video it looks like its blocking your view.

and what does it REALLY looks like, I see lots of fancy graphics on their page, but what do you really see?

You don't see it untill you look down at it. I personally don't event look at till I'm at the bar....

But it is a HUD. It's a very small LED screen with a concave glass orb to angle the light correctly so it doesn't look distorted. Works great in my opinion.

There is a sort of mirror set up so that those of us who are too old and need reading glasses can still focus on it when it is up close. It is not a projected image- merely a reflected one. I have not seen these, but this is how Zeal explained it to me.

I won't have a pair fo a bit..

"Hello John

Yes it is true that we sold Zeal to a great partner that we believe can to it to the level to reach its full potential.

We arent set up in the new system just yet to have pro form deals, sorry about that.

We will keep you posted when it becomes available."