Note to New Members ×

Madd 180 !!

Scott

Bomber folks get first looks at this before I involve Sotheby's.

This board is in great shape, just a few cosmetic nicks and over an inch of camber. I received it from Hardbooter so Dave knows the history, but I don't think there is more than 2 sharpenings on this board.

If I had the skills of MR. JOHN DEERE, I could get all this board has to offer. But, alas, as I am a mere aged mortal. I am offering this legendary creation to someone who can put more into it than scratches. Well worth $475 plus shipping. All threads are intact. No bindings included. Higher resolution pictures on : http://s855.photobucket.com/albums/ab112/GloucesterPhoto/

post-100-141842353124_thumb.jpg

post-100-141842353126_thumb.jpg

post-100-141842353128_thumb.jpg

When Mike put this board in our hands he said it was one of a kind, It is the stiffest 180 Madd I have ridden. I told Dave not to sell it but he did.:( This is not the stock board others own. But truley a magic stick.

Some one will be very happy with this one of a kind 180

ok, I will bite.... I own a Madd 158 and a 170. Both green side walls. I Like them both, but would leave them in storage over my Coiler VSR. Why should I get this 180?? What is difference between green and red sidewalls? I know everyone covets the red sidewalls? Was there magic dust sprinkled on these?

ok, I will bite.... I own a Madd 158 and a 170. Both green side walls. I Like them both, but would leave them in storage over my Coiler VSR. Why should I get this 180?? What is difference between green and red sidewalls? I know everyone covets the red sidewalls? Was there magic dust sprinkled on these?

I had a 180 with yellow sidewalls, so.... *shrug*. I said they'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands... until I tried a Coiler NSR 185. The new tech is better, but for the old tech this thing was tops. On good groom it was a s-eating grin machine. Best $475 you could spend on a longboard.

howdy

but who knows what madd scientist put in

each board.

Dave and I know becuase we sold the board that was made for me and how I ride by Mike Baker since we are bros.... That is why we chimed in on this thread about this board, since it is different then any other 180 made that year. :D

At the Time Hardbooter.com was the Madd dealer and we had a ton that we rode, demoed and sold..... If you think your green sidewall 180 is not enough then this is the answer if you are a Madd fan. Mike is famous for one of a kind mystery Boards there are several out there that are differnt, Including freestyle boards, one of a kind race sticks, and boardercross sticks...

It has been I while since I last saw this stick and If I remember correctly the biggest difference is flex, This board is stiff and burley. It may have the same construstion as all the other boards but the cores are different flexes for sure. If memory serves me the 180 only came in one flex, while the 158, 170 came in three, basicly Mike and some friends flexed the boards and put them in stacks then used a rotory tool to cut hash marks in the bottom to mark the flex. 1, 2, and 3. There were a couple of 180s made to test the flex for the prodution run, 1 stiff (this one) one med and one soft. Mike gave me the stiff and medium to test side by side he said he made the stiff one and thought of me so I got to keep it. If Dave and I didn't have 30 other amazing boards to ride It would still be around.

• 3 weeks later...

Took the Madd out today on the frozen cord. It was hungry. Ate that crap up.

It's off the market. I'm thinking this could ride reeeeeal nice with a vist/bomber plate.

Might have been the new MR. John Deere supplements I've been taking:1luvu:

It has had a few side effects though.

Might have to ride more cowboy style.

Hey, maybe I'll try hockey :rolleyes:

post-100-141842356088_thumb.jpg

post-100-141842356089_thumb.jpg