Note to New Members ×

Stevens Pass Reports 2011-12

Sultan Guy

I am four weeks today from shoulder surgery and hope to be on the hill 12/11 for my first time. Working hard at physical therapy and am crossing my fingers the doc gives me the green light on the 9th.

Setting up my work schedule for one or two weekday mornings each week (Tuesday/Thursday) and Sunday mornings. Weekdays I would be leaving the Sultan area around 7:30 and departing Stevens for work at 12 noon. Sundays I usually stay until 1 or 2 unless the crowds are bad.

Let me know if anyone wants to ride up together on those days.

Don't worry you havent missed anything yet. Last weekend there were still some thin spots on the groomed runs and you had to be ready to hop over them. Sunday it rained and the snow was so soft that the tip of my Freecarv would just slice down too deep, switched to a all mtn board and still had to be carefull. Keep up with your PT and I will see you up on the hill soon.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday was COLD. Like 18F cold.

Top of Skyline icy, Broadway decent.

Hogsback was the best. Tye Mill needs more snow. Too undulating.

Much warmer on Friday morning. First 2 hours were excellent everywhere. Railing the Donek FC 179 until snow was getting sticky.

No crowds both days!

Going up 12/20 and 12/23. Maybe 12/24 also.

Still very good carving conditions the first two days. 12/23 was more crowded and very foggy at times. Legs finally in great shape.

Going up 12/25 for morning runs then off to the airport in the evening for a week to visit family. Next week will be crowded with all the kids. Back in January on weekdays.

• 2 weeks later...

Real job work schedule is up in the air still for next week, I hope to be there for at least one of the days. We are planing to be at NICE on Thurs, Fri, Sat so will be able to meet face to face then if next week does not work out. I will find out about leaving a will call for you some place this weekend just in case I dont make it next week.

Finalized our stevens trip and will be riding on wed-thu. For hardbooters its just kram and I but we also have 3 token tagalong boarders with us as well. Hope to meet up with some other BOLer's if you can make it. Bill I will send you a email shortly. We are staying near cashmere @ wedge mountain about 30 miles from the lifts. Looking forward to the trip.

So was a little late getting my ticketthis morning so kram went and did a warm up run. Then he calls me while walking out to lift. He ended up being injured and needed a toboggan ride. He ended up breaking his tibula down at the ankle. I am bummed for my fellow carver. Well I made 1 run on showcase though and am going tomorrow. See you all soon.

Snow was much better today then this past Tuesday but still icy in certain places. Way less people today then Tuesday for some reason...

Great to have a full quad today of hardbooters. That was a first for me at Stevens!

Mike, Pusbag, and JD from Mukliteo.

Real bummed to hear the story about Mark. Lets all be careful. I ate **** today on my last run probably because my legs were getting tired.

Will be up Friday and probably Monday. 8:45 Hogsback.

Had a good day checking out stevens today. Was very firm today so stuck to the groomers, though it looks like it would be a fun place on a powder day. Rode with mike g, sultan guy and jd together we trenched out all the soft spots. Missed riding with bill but we did do a run and bs with him on wed. Hats off to you Bill, my wife and everyone raved about your hospitality friendship and commraderie for the day. They said you showed them all around the mtn and was fun to be with. Thanks to you all !!!