• 20-24
    • 25-29
    • 30-34
    • 35-39
    • 40-44
    • 45-49
    • 50-59
    • 60 +

Wow - almost 80% over 35 years old. I wonder what other activity has a similar demographic?

Almost 80% of BOL forum users who responded to this thread are over 35 years old. BOL forum users who responded to this thread may not be representative of hardbooters in general.

Two other sports that have the same demo are windsurfing...

True in North America. Not true in other parts of the world. One example is at Jeri Beach in Brazil, one of the freestyle windsurfing capitals in the world. Most windsurfers are late teens to early twenties.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the last ten years or so,that seems like an accurate picture of recreational hardbooters and racers.I've been in hardboots for 24 years and have seen the demographic increase in age with the advent of other diversions within snowboarding,namely the overwhelmingly style oriented freestyle market.

I should also have mentioned boardercross as another discipline that has gained in popularity with younger riders.

During the last ten years or so,that seems like an accurate picture of recreational hardbooters and racers.I've been in hardboots for 24 years and have seen the demographic increase in age with the advent of other diversions within snowboarding,namely the overwhelmingly style oriented freestyle market.

I wonder if the aging demographic is observed outside of North America.