Note to New Members ×

Arizona Man Devastated Over Rainy Weather Forecast For First Shred Trip Of Season,

reweston

May not survive.

Forecast calls for more rain on Mt Bachelor, then clear, cold temps. Will most likely go from sloppy wet slush to bulletproof sheets of ice. I actually had epic corduroy and fluffy bowls in mind....no, I had that planned. Can anyone do anything about this please?

I awoke this morning to find out that Mt Hood Meadows is not opening this weekend as previously announced due to rain.

SOOOO glad I am going to Sun Peaks for carve camp next weekend.

EL NINO SUCKS if you live in the NW! I need to start living vicariously though you Tahoe folks until this gets better.

D-sub i rode at Brundage in McCall--about 5 hours from Bend. It usually is really good but we had 37" in 36 hours then 24 hours of high 30's with rain. Mike i was makin trenchs with my board, hips and elbows, but the biggest ones were when i would get pitched over the nose. It was so soft we were having trouble planting our hands to push back up off the snow--your hands would sink to your armpits.:(

Originally posted by mellowjonny

D-sub i rode at Brundage in McCall--about 5 hours from Bend. It usually is really good but we had 37" in 36 hours then 24 hours of high 30's with rain. Mike i was makin trenchs with my board, hips and elbows, but the biggest ones were when i would get pitched over the nose. It was so soft we were having trouble planting our hands to push back up off the snow--your hands would sink to your armpits.:(

Hey mj

I was in McCall from Friday, opening day, until Saturday. Had to say that watching the weather and pretending that the hill was not open yet (at least for carving) choosing work seemed to be a better choice. Thanks for the reinforcement of my decision.

Originally posted by mellowjonny

No no no

Did i say it sucked---you missed it--hero snow--I'll be there on friday,saturday and sunday--if it is as good as last friday--you won't be seeing me on the mountain.--i'll be home doing something fun --like knitting.

JW:p

That is if they re-open. Hey there is always Tamarack's grand opening on the 15th with a wapin' 6" at the base. One good turn and it be gone!

Originally posted by CarvCanada

Wow, Mont Sainte Anne already has 140cm... and I'll be there in 2 weeks for 6 days :)

Brundage has enough snow but the area does not want to let any one have a bad experience in that bad of conditions as they are so well known for having some of the best snow on the planet. As for Tamarack, the area had over 100cm at the base with much more on top until the unusually warm weather hit here.

kt