Note to New Members ×

Montreal riders: (almost) free snowboard on Dec. 20th

Derf

On Monday Dec. 20th, the lift ticket is free for all day at Mont-Saint-Bruno when you bring a warm clothing for charity. I know, St-Bruno is a very small hill but it is for a good cause. More details can be found here http://www.montsaintbruno.com/events.htm#Bas (French only link).

I know CarvCanada and Bartron are interested. Any other interested? We'll probably be going in the evening (there is night skiing) as most of us work during the day.

Haha, a QES! It should be awesome to ride with you guys!

I'm heading to Orford tomorrow (the 12th). They received 20cm the past 2 days and it should be awesome!

Yah, St-Bruno is pretty small, but all the runs are carveable as long as there aren't too many people, and on a Monday night it'll be good!

If one of you guys is driving, it'd be great to get a lift there. (I'm 18, don't have a car yet) I could meet anywhere.

Great to see we'll be a couple there!

Ernie00, it's a good thing you can pick up CarvCanada as my car is pretty full (4 people, 2 boards, 4 skis). We were thinking of being there around 5h30-6h00. We could set a rendez-vous point there. And BTW, the first time I went to St-Bruno was for the same event 2 years ago!

ArcRider, I'm not sure I'll go, but I'll think about it. I'd have to find a Santa suit and le Massif is kind of far for a day trip (3h30 to get there).

I could meet anywhere. Got lots o time then... exams are soon over!

Orford was awesome today. Nice soft packed powder in the morning, great carving on Mont Giroux's bottom half. No lift lines. Bumped up at around 2:00 though.

Saw someone on a skinny, 165ish orange freeride board with head boots/bindings from afar, anyone here?

Don't forget, it's tomorrow! I checked the weather, and it's going to be COLD, around -17 to -20 degrees Celcius.

And don't forget the warm piece of clothing to give to charity so you can get your free ticket.

As for rendez-vous point, I was thinking maybe in front of the chalet around 7h30pm, or inside near the door if it's too cold outside. I'm going to try to get to the mountain around 5h30-6h00, but we never know with trafic. If anything, email me or post here.

There's a very good chance that I can make it. I'll be there around 2:30 - 3:00 though so I'll keep checking the lodge area after 5:00. It's a tiny mountain anyway and carvers will be easy to spot. Just yell from the chairlift if you see me!

I'll be riding a blue Donek, and have a blue/white jacket on with a black helmet.

I'll be there with one or two skiers and a snowboarder, and here is a picture of what my suit looks like (brown, burgundy and blue jacket with black pants). I wear a dark blue helmet, black Burton boots and ride (goofy) a blue Nitro GTX 166.

post-52-141842199717_thumb.jpg