Note to New Members ×

Forum Scallywag

ssacco1

That would be a schweet ride in hardboots:1luvu:...and plates

Manufacturer's Description:

Pirates drink, fight, screw, and steal, but it can only last so long. (I think this could be my new sig). Fortunately for you, our Scallywag is more durable than any other, and will allow your park pillaging to go on all day. This twin-tip stick now has ChillyDog with Pop (huh?)and is soft enough to jib on, yet strong and poppy enough to take on big features, making it the only plank you should walk this winter.

Specifications:

Profile: ChillyDog with Pop (pepsi maybe?)

Shape: Twin

Core: Popular

Laminate: Biax

Base: FreeBase

NEW Booter Boosters

Swingers Club

Flex 4

------------------------

oh, I wish it would snow

Definately on the desperation side because this board is no where to be found on the internet. Idk why

This is a carve oriented snowboarding site primarily frequented by hardbooters. Softbooters who can hold an edge, ride with forward angles, and might eventually be convinced to come over to the darkside are also found lurking around here.

Because boards designed for carving, (softboot or hardboot) are typically longer, stiffer, and have a larger SCR than a park deck most people here probably wouldn't have such a board. The nose of a board designed for doing butters would either fold or chatter at typical carving speeds. Additionally short boards with short effective edges, and small sidecut radii are unstable at the typical speeds carvers ride at.

That being said you should take a look around here there is a lot of info on the site and the rush you get on a groomed black when you throw yourself across your board onto the downslope edge, basically into free fall, while the board carves a 3" deep perfect half-circle out of the groom eventually coming around to catch you is like no other.

Cheers,

Dave

Read this link for some more info

http://www.bomberonline.com/articles/craving_the_carve.cfm

Thanks Dave,

I honestly knew nothing about this forum, just that it was about snowboarding in general and it looked pretty active. Sorry for posting, I'll look elsewhere.

:), your quire is not unrealistic, lot's of riders here, something might turn up, don't feel unwelcome, this place is like a river, constantly changing, lot's of eddies, very organic

Thanks Dave,

I honestly knew nothing about this forum, just that it was about snowboarding in general and it looked pretty active. Sorry for posting, I'll look elsewhere.

Not trying to scare you off or make you feel unwelcome. This is a pretty active site, with a (generally) friendly community. And carving honestly is a good time. It's just the likelihood of someone here having that board is just probably pretty low.

Could still happen though.:biggthump

If you are interested in carving at all, fin (bomber online) is supposed to be releasing some beefy riser plates for softbooters in the next couple of weeks. Again nothing someone in the park would need or want as risers raise your COG and make your balance weird on rails, but if you're interested in carving in softboots they'd be handy.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks man but thats a bit pricy for a 3 year old board dont you think? I remember seeing it for 375 when it was brand new in the store.

Sorry I'm a little out of touch with pricing on freestyle boards and softboot equipment. Value of anything is pretty much market driven, ie what is someone willing to pay for it. Around here second hand Kesslers that have been raced on for a season will sell for more than $700. The Coiler Schtubby I've been riding for two seasons would probably sell pretty quickly if I offered it for $400 (this is not for sale). A 12 year old MADD 158 will often go for at least $300 but a similarly aged new burton alp would only be worth $50-$100.

Personally I'd consider dropping $1500 on a new GS sized Kessler, and would have no problem paying $1000 for a Coiler or Donek GS high end custom carving board, but would have a tough time justifying paying more than $400 for an off the shelf softboot board.

Whether you think it is pricey really depends on how badly you want it I suppose. It's unridden, so it technically is new, and other than cosmetics there is likely little differentiation between the three model years, though a couple of reviews indicate the older model might have been a little softer. Considering that it is the only one I could find in about 20 minutes of searching I'd say your options are pay that amount, try and negotiate with the seller for a lower amount, or look at a later model.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks man. I am in negotiations with someone else about a newer model board. I was just hoping someone within the forum might have this board and do not want it anymore. If that's not the case then I'll have to settle in order to ride this season.