Note to New Members ×

Ruroc helmets

slopestar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry but these helmets suck, I had one the season before last, and even ran into the canadian ski team coach, and we discussed it, he said, they wouldnt let their members use it for the reason that I was afraid of: if you crash face first you're going to get a face full of plastic, because the face peice is only about 1cm away.

Additionally, it doesn't keep your face warm at all, infact their idea kind of backfired, as what happens is the plastic gets below freezing, then the moisture of your breath freezes on the inside and creates a layer of ice.

And, also they let too much air come in from the bottom.

BUT at the same time, when you are breathing hard, you cant get enough air.

also if would have been nice to have some sort of retention system because that face peice is bulky and if you take it off, say, on the lift (and you will), where do you put it?? and it doesnt go back on with gloves on, in the cold as it does inside your house.

and with out the face piece its just lame helmet

good idea, WAY poor product. British design at its best!

well the goggles were decent, except for the poor lens selection, but they have a wide field of vision.

Id like to see an oakley version, or some other helmet or goggle company.

keep the hope, Slopestar. between subjectivity, a different anatomy than divebomber and hopefully some refinements since his was made, there's hope yet.

Thanks davekempmeister! It will arrive this afternoon or tomorrow. We will all know then. Review post will follow with youtube review.

Thanks davekempmeister! It will arrive this afternoon or tomorrow. We will all know then. Review post will follow with youtube review.

I think the important thing will be when you get to use it in true winter conditions.

when you first get it youll think its cool, and probably wear it around the house, like I did.

I think the important thing will be when you get to use it in true winter conditions.

when you first get it youll think its cool, and probably wear it around the house, like I did.

It arrived and the medium size is too small for me so back it goes. I will be getting it replaced with the proper "large" size. I did examine it and of course had to try it on and the points you made Divebomber, were not out of line. The goggles and lenses are just flat out sweet and I do like how the helmet alone with goggles fit. The mask is close to the face and does not easily lock in. I could see how the tabs could be clumsy and break and lacks a retention clip or cable for the mask which is easily rectifiable. Living here on the west coast and riding primarily at a crappy ass hill like Mountain High, the mask is mainly for snow blowers sending pellet snow at your face/ extreme cold here is nary an issue. I like the nomex mask that the formula one racers wear under the helmets and for extremely cold days, will probably utilize that in addition to the mask. Without the mask, the helmet alone with the goggles is pretty sweet. It will be a couple weeks before I get the replacement so I will not post a full review with video and pictures until then.

post-8448-141842347168_thumb.jpg

Divebomber. I understand...you are an unhappy person that wants to make others feel your pain. I am not having it, but I appreciate your pessimistic attitude. Try that with any helmet...guess what, you sweat and **** fogs up... duh:smashfrea

Ray, its not very heavy at all. Like most any helmet once its on, you don't notice. I was surprised at how well the field of view was through the goggles, claustrophobia never set in with the mask on.

Divebomber. I understand...you are an unhappy person that wants to make others feel your pain. I am not having it, but I appreciate your pessimistic attitude. Try that with any helmet...guess what, you sweat and **** fogs up... duh:smashfrea

I think his point was that you're going to be sucking air like Darth Vader.

But that thing looks awesome! If it were cheap, it would be perfect for dress-up day. Total storm-trooper look. Sweet!

• 2 years later...

40% off this weekend.

next season redesign with XL available. Ruroc has been very good to me and hooked me up as a loyal supporter and contributor with a free visor. I will also have first dibs on the new helmets and will be getting one before the public. Stay tuned... Love Ruroc!

• 2 weeks later...

Can you help me out with a quick sizing question? Here goes:

My wife’s head measures 57 cm. This puts her exactly on the fence between the smaller and the larger helmet. Those with firsthand Ruroc experience: Would you say that the helmets are rather small for each size, or the opposite?

Thanks

Stefan

For those that Roc the Ruroc or want to (not you Jack...) there is a 40%-60% sale starting tonight. After wearing this Helmet for the last 3 seasons, I have come to love the quick removal mask, the superior anti fog qualities and the safety this helmet has provided me. I'm retiring this helmet. Ruroc is doing a redesign so they are blowing out what they have. Next season should offer the original RG-1 configuration as well as the new design. I will review it as soon as I get it. Pre-public offering for me...does Poc or Smith or whatever lid you use do that for you Jack?