Note to New Members ×

Room and Board

The idea of hanging with BOL members in their home area has been a goal. Having had a taste of this in the past I hope to get back to where I was a few years ago, better health and fitness and the time to wander. I love road trips with only a general idea of where I am going. I find I can fall into better arrangements than I can plan.

Hope to spend more time riding this coming year. Where and when will be largely dictated by completing some projects on time and good snow conditions. One of those projects will be an addition that will better allow me to recipricate with those generous folks that have allowed me to visit them.

I thought it might be good to have a thread that willing participants might let others in the community know what they can offer or what they seek?

Me? I will be looking for a comfortable bed (at 53 yrs old the floor is no longer doeable) Safe parking (don't want my gear ripped off) and hopefully some kind folks that share the passion of snowboarding - old , new , powder or alpine. I am not afraid to chip in and I always want folks to feel like they would like me to return.

Sort of focusing on some of the mega carving areas of CO. UT and perhaps Tahoe. That said, I love the funky little ski areas that rock too.

If things go really well , I would love to find a room in Aspen or the Summit Co area for a couple weeks to a month.

Thanks, Bryan

Bryan, you're welcome here, too. Logan puts you about 45 minutes to Snowbasin or Powder Mountain or Beaver Mountain. Add another 30 or so minutes and you've got access to Park City areas, too. Add another 20 minutes and you can access Big or Little Cottonwood canyons.

The wife and I are empty-nesters. So, we've got some extra room now.

Mark

The little house next door was built by the same family as ours and has been fully remodelled by the owners who rent it for less than most area motels.Otherwise, the 'mancave' ,a one bedroom trailer that I use for all things art,snowboarding and biking,is available for apres beers and aps;) Other arrangements can be made as well.

A bit redneck, but sweet trees and hikes ,a bribable cat driver with couple of under rated carving areas:)

Bryan, you're welcome here, too. Logan puts you about 45 minutes to Snowbasin or Powder Mountain or Beaver Mountain. Add another 30 or so minutes and you've got access to Park City areas, too. Add another 20 minutes and you can access Big or Little Cottonwood canyons.

The wife and I are empty-nesters. So, we've got some extra room now.

Mark

Thanks Mark. MUCH APPRECIATED!! I love that area!! Linking your place with some oldschool friends I have in the area and perhaps Buell and Rebecca if they get their favorite spot in northern Utah. Look forward to finally meeting you and your wife (and making some turns too!)

The little house next door was built by the same family as ours and has been fully remodelled by the owners who rent it for less than most area motels.Otherwise, the 'mancave' ,a one bedroom trailer that I use for all things art,snowboarding and biking,is available for apres beers and aps;) Other arrangements can be made as well.

A bit redneck, but sweet trees and hikes ,a bribable cat driver with couple of under rated carving areas:)

Cool Thanks Steve!! Yep and we can swap longboard rides!! Thanks allot!!.

you're welcome in Texas anytime...bring some rain with you

:biggthump

Thanks Matt. Maybe on the return trip? I have family in San Antonio and I have never been in Texas. Love to check it out. Perhaps in the spring when it hasn't gotten too hot yet? I would also like to travel through the deep south at some point. I have only been to Florida for training and would like to see more of the south. Thanks again!!.

Thanks Mark. MUCH APPRECIATED!! I love that area!! Linking your place with some oldschool friends I have in the area and perhaps Buell and Rebecca if they get their favorite spot in northern Utah. Look forward to finally meeting you and your wife (and making some turns too!)

I kinda got to ride with Buell back in February at PM. We mainly hooked up to get me to some lessons with Don R. from Reno. Fun, fun time with those guys. Hope to see you this season along with Buell and Rebecca.

Mark

I kinda got to ride with Buell back in February at PM. We mainly hooked up to get me to some lessons with Don R. from Reno. Fun, fun time with those guys. Hope to see you this season along with Buell and Rebecca.

Mark

Reno? Does he have a girlfriend named Etsu? If so, they are from Bend, Oregon. They are wonderful folks!! If you can catch a meal made by Don and Etsu AND/OR Buell and Rebecca it is a real treat!! (Gourmet Feast)

You know you can always camp out wherever I am staying in Tahoe as long as there's a spare room (changes a bit from year to year and weekend to weekend depending on my ski lease situation). Heck, having you in town might actually inspire me to get back on my board for a change. I pathetically only rode 2-3 days this season. Skied 70, but that's not the same.

Nice Mark!! Great shot, looks really surfy. Makes me wish I was there right now!! I have had the pleasure to hang with Don and Etsu for a few years now. Everyone that works with Don comes away with visible improvement and raves. Small world!! Thanks for the cool photo!!

I think they were probably coming from Tahoe on a road trip.

Thanks for sharing Mark.

You know you can always camp out wherever I am staying in Tahoe as long as there's a spare room (changes a bit from year to year and weekend to weekend depending on my ski lease situation). Heck, having you in town might actually inspire me to get back on my board for a change. I pathetically only rode 2-3 days this season. Skied 70, but that's not the same.

Cool, interestingly this was the FIRST season since 1984 that I didn't ski. I have typically skied more than snowboarded due to conditions. When I got fully jazzed about alpine again, the number of ski days have been falling. I do love to ski also, so, no worries either way. Typically I like to ski around the first day of a new area just to facilitate learning the lay of the land.

Just passed the "Mechanical" portion of the addition today. Soon I can insulate and sheetrock. Need to get the house done before winter to make the road trips a reality.

Me? I will be looking for a comfortable bed (at 53 yrs old the floor is no longer doeable) Safe parking (don't want my gear ripped off) and hopefully some kind folks that share the passion of snowboarding - old , new , powder or alpine. I am not afraid to chip in and I always want folks to feel like they would like me to return.

Siberia? ;)

http://maps.google.ru/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=%D0%B0%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BA+%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%B1%D0%B8%D1%80%D1%81%D0%BA&g=Akademgorodok,+Novosibirskaya+oblast,+630000&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Akademgorodok,+Novosibirskaya+oblast&ll=54.837131,83.097668&spn=0.028323,0.055189&t=h&z=14

My casa es su casa, Brian. We're neither small or funky, unless you wanna ride our Howelsen Hill, which is certainly both!

Thanks Dave. I don't remember if I snowboarded when I was there. Seems like maybe I skied. Great town , very good ski area and conditions, I would love to get to know it better. Thanks!!!