Note to New Members ×

A Basin was a blast!!!

Dave Winters

Jason,

Well, you now have to go through a "coolness" check before you can move out this way. So I ran your bio through the committee.

And...umm...errr...maybe I should call you and we talk over the phone so not to be awkward here.

That where all the cold temp snow went! In southern hemisphere, we are having one of the worst seasons in a century....

It's not just the southern hemisphere...TX is in the worst rainless period from last October that's been recorded. My husband called the ranger station at Rocky Mountain NP and found out that there's still 30 foot snow drifts on Trail Ridge Rd. We are, at least, 20 inches behind on rain-multiple that by the 10:1 ratio of CO snow-and that equals to 200 inches of snow that should have been TX rain.

That being said, I'm thinking of bringing the skis for our trip up to our cabin the last week in June

The Basin was awesome, rode there with my son and his buddy on the 10th, 12th, 17th. I started the trip with some unmodified Scarpa TX (similar to F3), gradually modifed them more and more over the two weeks we were in Colorado, ultimately my son started riding the TX after I scored some UPZ AT from Bolla :cool:

Thanks to all the hard booters who answered my endless questions about boot flex, stance, and angles. It all worked out great, I have my angles up to what most would consider "normal" and I even got my son hooked on hard boots.

Now for the long summer wait ...

BTW, things have gotten way sticky in the last week, so wax up :)