Note to New Members ×

Pointless Argument Thread

kieran

so, most northern hemisphere carving seasons are finishing, and it's around about now that people get tetchy and fidgety and frustrated at not being on snow. (2 weeks now, for me)

in hopes of keeping the fallout in one thread, i'll start the fight. feel free to join in with as many tangents as you fancy.

SO. i think the american dollar should be abolished, and y'all should be required to use the Euro (€) instead, like wot us civilised peoples do. :eplus2:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SO. i think the american dollar should be abolished, and y'all should be required to use the Euro (€) instead, like wot us civilised peoples do. :eplus2:

Yeah, because the attempted transition to the metric system went really well here too. :rolleyes: BTW, there is plenty of snow still being dumped in the mountains of Colorado. :flamethro

Said the man from the place that invented haggis

Is it ever going to stop snowing here?

so, most northern hemisphere carving seasons are finishing, and it's around about now that people get tetchy and fidgety and frustrated at not being on snow. (2 weeks now, for me)

in hopes of keeping the fallout in one thread, i'll start the fight. feel free to join in with as many tangents as you fancy.

Ok, so to maintain the spirit of this thread, I respectfully disagree with all of your statements above :smashfrea

Número uno..... There is always snow somewhere on earth, it's just a matter of how bad you want it (well, that and how much disposable $$$'s you have burning a hole in your wallet that your wife hasn't already spent on Prada purses, and 1400 count Egyptian cotton sheets).

Número duo......I think the Euro should be abolished, and all money based on the good ol US dollar. That way it's not so confusin fer us uncivilized carvers ta figger out how much ar dad-gummed lift tickts rilly cost iffn we ever set foot ovar sees.

If you believed half of the famous George H.W. Bush's "New World Order" conspiracy, you'd know the US is going to be forced to adopt the "Amero" by the IMF any day now....

Besides, Glenn Beck says I need to raise chickens and buy gold-preferably from his advertisers.

Speaking of Euros, isn't the UK thinking of ditching it?

it isn't in use here. ;)

Are you implying you were trying to start a pointless argument with a false accusation (using Euros is what civilized people do) or are you implying that Scots aren't civilized? BTW, I corrected all your misspelled words, no charge...

Yeah, because the attempted transition to the metric system went really well here too. :rolleyes:

I find the fact that we aren't using metric incredibly embarrassing, actually. It's pathetic. Everybody else managed to switch over just fine; we're the only ones that utterly failed.

I find the fact that we aren't using metric incredibly embarrassing, actually. It's pathetic. Everybody else managed to switch over just fine; we're the only ones that utterly failed.

The metric system was officially adopted by the US in 1976

Carving seasn finished in the North? Well, no one informed us here in the Great White North... Snowed heavilly night before again. 6m base at local hills, yet closing this Sunday. But, we still have Blackcomb for another month, then Blackcomb Glacier for another 2. ;)

Metric, yeah... Canada swithced over about same time as US, with limited success. Some stuff we do in metric, some in Imperial. One of the major reasons is strong trade with US, who pretty much refuses to use metric.

USD is one of the most artifficial currencies nowadays. Do your research and you shell find.

not only that, but you change measurements arbitrarily as well! how many pints in a gallon?

Are you implying you were trying to start a pointless argument with a false accusation (using Euros is what civilized people do) or are you implying that Scots aren't civilized? BTW, I corrected all your misspelled words, no charge...
yes. :eplus2:

not only that, but you change measurements arbitrarily as well! how many pints in a gallon?

Ok, I'll bite, there are exactly.........................

8 US pints per gallon

6.6613935 UK pints per gallon

By answering this question I've most likely just proven beyond a reasonable doubt, that I have far too much time on my hands. :rolleyes:

I use the metric system all the time. Drugs are dosed in milligrams or grams. People are weighed in kilograms. Lacerations and organs are measured in centimeters. People have a fever if their body temp is over 38.5 degrees C.

The best way to switch to the metric system is just to immerse yourself in it-much like learning a new language. Of course, my kids love watching the car show on BBC America. My daughter asked me if the guy was taking about kilometers when he was talking about the "0-60" time. I said 60 kph wasn't that fast and the biggest misperception was that the Brits actually used the metric system all the time....

Also, BTW, when I left the USAF, my clinic mates gave me a bottle of blue paint to wear when I went into battle naked....it's good to be a redhaired, green eyed barbarian....

Also, BTW, if you want to "lose" weight, start referring to it in "stones"....