Note to New Members ×

SNES 2011, try #2 - 4/16 to 4/17

nekdut

So the weather this past weekend prevented the full event from taking place, however those of us up there still had a good time and grabbed dinner on Saturday evening.

The rescheduled event will take place on 4/16 to 4/17.

We do have support from June ski patrol and will have the amenities we had last year, namely:

1) Mid day groom

2) Lift-side overnight storage for boards/gear

3) Tables/benches/private area at the base of J4

4) Board racks

5) Gunsmoke closed/private for at least part of the day, after the mid-day groom

6) Snowboard stubby gates on lower Matterhorn and a timed run

Any other (reasonable) requests? We'll get together for dinner and drinks on Saturday evening again. Let me see if I can secure a good place for us.

Can I get a roll call?

1) nekdut + 2

2) carvingchef

3) arclite

4) g-ben

5) topi (4/17)

6) Hey John

7) Tim Kienitz

8) John Gilmour

9) K-star

10) slopestar

11) ZetaTre?

12) Mary?

13) Does_Not_Think_With_Mind

14) SnowNBeachAddict (+1?)

15) ?

Thanks, and hopefully the weather will cooperate this time. :)

Gear Share:

nekdut

Coiler Stubby 166

Tinkler TNT 178

Kessler KST 185

Classic Madd 158, maybe the 170 (but you cannot remove the cant plate, must ride regular, 19.5")

Rad-air LSD 164

Bomber Boilerplate

UPZ RSV 26.5

John Gilmour

2x Madd 158s

K-Star

Nidecker Tornado 161

slopestar

Burton Ultra Prime 162

Topi

F2 Silberpfeil 163

Hot Blast 162

carvingchef

Coiler Monster 182

Donek Razor 170

SnowNBeachAddict

149 Oxygen

156 Custom Kessler (stiff n skinny)

161 Coiler

172 Colier

Supplies:

Screwdriver

Tape measure

Allen Wrenches

Wunderbar

Boombox (Wolfman? :) )

Longer Screws

DJ Gear?

A few cases of beer for the patrol and groomers! (please chip in for this if you can :) )

What else?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what size do you need?

I bought a set of 27.5 Deluuxe 700's and they were a complete flop for me with their flex pattern... I for the most part can not wear Deluuxe as most are too high and bury part of my calf. I had to blow out the left heel and both toe boxes. I fitted them with custom Stolz injected liners..

I used Head Stratos boots (stock liners- which packed out after 20 days) but they needed a lot of melting and blowing out to the left heel and both outside toe boxes not to cause me pain.

I had to do the same modifications to the heel with 26.5 Nordica TR-9's (A stiffer cousin to the Nordica SBH boot) These lasted many seasons and were very comfortable ..but likely too soft for todays boards.

So for the most part... I can't just pop into a set of unmodified hard boots without having to get out of them in about 2 runs. If however someone had a set with a blown out toe box and a blown out left side of the left heel....I'd be good to go.

I can wear a blown out pair of 26.5 boots and a 27.5 shell otherwise.

Looking for a UPZ boot without buckle stack... I'm even considering this softer Fischer ski boot..

John,

I have a pair of 26.5 UPZ RSVs you can use if you'd like. I'm probably going to bring them along with me anyway, just in case there is someone there who wants to try hardboots.

Lets get a gear share list going. I'm going to bring (yes, the good stuff ;) ) :

nekdut:

Coiler Stubby 166

Tinkler TNT 178

Kessler KST 185

Classic Madd 158 (but you cannot remove the cant plate, must ride regular, 19.5")

Bomber Boilerplate

UPZ RSV 26.5

John Gilmour:

2x Madd 158s

Supplies:

Screwdriver

Tape measure

Allen Wrenches

Wunderbar

Boombox (Wolfman? :) )

Longer Screws

DJ Gear?

What else?

I'll try to bring 2 Madd 158's but if anyone wants to use them... they will have to bring longer screws with them than they typically use. figure at least 4 more threads longer.

If I drive I might bring a full DJ set up and try to DJ at the top deck corner.. if I can get pre approved for that. (2) Genelec S30d loudspeakers, tripods and a VCI-100

I might even do some catering food wise if there is a need for that.

If I fly... it's just bare bones.

Nekdut... can I borrow those boots prior to SES 2?

John,

Sure thing on the boots. I'll email you.

Regarding the Madds, I'll bring proper length screws for the 58s that fit on TD2/3s so people can try them out (after VERY carefully installing the bindings, mind your brass inserts! ;) )

How much DJ gear are you going to have and where did you want to set up? We'll be congregating at the side of the base of Gunsmoke across from J4. I can check with June management about that part. They may be open to that. They've been quite accommodating so far. We'll have a place to store things overnight out there too so we don't have to snowmobile things back and forth.

the hotel reservation is confirmed

Julian and i will be there with or without cookies

You guys are too funny! I am tentative right now/ I could do it as long as I have a carpool/lodging buddy as last trip was a little steep for me to afford again so quickly.

Lance, i am bringing the Donek Razor 170 and you are welcome to use it with your softboots, much stiffer than your burton custom 162 and a lot more effective edge, probably bigger SCR too, it has a square tail though, i don't know if you can ride it switch but you can certainly try

post-6353-141842343039_thumb.jpg

You guys are too funny! I am tentative right now/ I could do it as long as I have a carpool/lodging buddy as last trip was a little steep for me to afford again so quickly.

I am heading up for 1 day(Sunday), we could carpool if that helps.

Nekdut... can I borrow those boots?:D

A very attractive woman- BRAND new to carving.. just got Stacia Hookums old CUSTOM Hot Blast 160long 17cm waist with longer sidecut!..(another female student of mine got the other one of the two!)

I need bindings and boots (size 25.5 heads ski boots fit her perfectly) so likely 25.5 would work well in Deeluxe/Raichle or Head Stratos..

It's her first time hardbooting so softer old hard boots would be great. We have no bindings for her board either.. so anything would be great to start her out.

Frankly I'll likely just buy anything I can get my hands on.

The bad news... I just got an invite all expenses paid to Coachella which is in conflict with SES #2 hmmmmmm...

-JG

Looks like I'll have to miss my first SNES:(. Will probably be traveling on business.

My friend, Robert, called me this morning from June Mtn. He said carving conditions and weather were just absolutely PERFECT!!!

Erwin, say it ain't so! Sucks to hear that you can't make it.