Note to New Members ×

Heavenly 4-15/4-16/4-17

hot dog. maybe i will get to ride with you after all this season.

it's pathetic. since early january, i've either been slammed with homework or the weather was bad. tons of severe weather warnings issued; i couldn't even make a trip during spring break :flamethro

I just left Heavenly on Wednesday. I rode Tuesday and Wednesday. It was getting progressively warmer. On Wednesday it was sunny all day and by 12:30 is was really soft.

The grooming was great and with it getting soft you have to make sure to wax appropriately. With the long run outs at Heavenly when moving across state lines the snow was grabbing a lot. I even had the shop wax my board in the morning and the snow was grabbing. That might just mean that the wax in the shop at Heavenly sucks?

There is plenty of coverage throughout the resort.

Thanks for the info. With all the snow I figured coverage would be good and i would have a couple hours in the morning of firm carving snow. If I get lucky and the weather stays cool I will be in heaven. What ever it is its better then the snow in my home town.

Can you come back up gawdzira? loking forward to riding with you SEJ. I start at stagecoach lodge first chair to take advantage of firm snow. See everyone on the 15th.

HES!

I'm up. I've been knocked out of my last couple boarding trips. Think I could do this! I've been out of town for over a week. What's the weather done? Is there still a pile of decent stuff up there?

scott,

are you planning going up that weekend, I may be able to go one last trip for this season, let me know, may we can ride share up.

kendrick

steve,

miss riding with you this season.I will plan for the 16 and 17 weekend. if not then hope we can ride next season.

I'm trying to get Friday off work, I'll know more tomorrow. I have an obligation Saturday night, so I'm hoping to ride Friday and Saturday morning.

Kendrick, I'm hoping to get your Madd buttoned up tonight. Interesting situation. It turns out the X wing is not epoxied on, they used a form of double sided tape to mount it. I'm working through this as we speak. I'd be happy to ride up together if your schedule fits mine.

Stagecoach is my favorite starting point, Haven't entered from the California side in decades. Plus, they make killer bloody marys there.

Scott

BTW I was up last weekend and it ROCKED! It got a little sticky Sunday PM, but other than that it was like riding in January.

Looks like I can make it. Weather report sort of sucks. Might rain. Oh well, we will do the best we can. Like I said, Stagecoach makes killer Bloody Marys.

Plan to drive up Thursday night so I can be there for first chair Friday. When do they actually open?

I'll be in a white explorer with a bunch of carving decals on the back window.

Looking forward to hook up, Kendrick speaks highly of you.

Scott

Cell (650) 892 5205 if it works up there. Some times it does, some times it doesn't, depends on where I am in the Tahoe basin.

I'm here! I stopped at Sierra on the way up and rode from 2:30 till 4:00. The snow was pretty good considering the warm weather. A few sticky spots but still rode till they shut down. Boy it's melting off fast though, looks a lot different than last weekend.

BTW kendrick is out, turns out he can't make it.

Scott

I don't want to speak for CCG, but, we had a BALL! Ripped till about 2:00 on Friday. Then rode like Hell till I had to leave around 11:00 Saturday.

It was soooo fun to ride with other carvers. Even better, I would call them uber carvers, much better than I. Steve helped me get back in form with one simple comment, and I had the best carving of my season. Steve, Tim, Paul, We need to get together more often.

I was damn near crying as I put the storage wax on the boards.

Oh well, who's up for water sports? We've got a ski boat and it takes more than the two of us to use it. We're always looking for people to ride with us.

Come on! We'll carve that snow 1 more time before it hits the ocean!

Thanks again, looking forward to HES next year!

Scott

That WAS awesome.

The day before cuban's arrival was cement all day- now that you're gone, Steve, it rained all night. Weather reports be damned, you make your own!

Any Heavers out there that think you can't carve Ellie's on a 180 need to sign up with cuban-carving-better-than-gooding next Feb.

What happened to Lower Stage on Sat morn was near criminal :eplus2:

Paul, Dennis, Darren, Steve, Scott (Travis, Evan): Thanks for the groove.

See you next year.

I owe you a beer Scott.

Cheers

:biggthump

The weekend worked out well. Sunday weather was like Saturday's but softened up a bit sooner. Stage right was a blast. It was great meeting the new people and ridding with old friends. I renewed the pass for next year $20 bucks off right now. Everyone keep heavenly in mind next Feb

It was snowing when I left town heavenly reporting one inch.