Note to New Members ×

LCS Part 4

big mario

Anyone who has ridden with us knows a few of our rules, 1 being if someone says "lets run scrub" or " hey, knix knox is groomed" we have to do it. Another is lift 1, 8:30. We don't need to be on first chair, but we like an early start before too many kooks get on the hill. With that in mind, I would like to be done with any ticket sales before the lifts start turning, but I will gladly make a run to the base to meet anyone that might be running a bit late. Our discount rate lift tickets for sundays festivaities is 35 bucks, not a bad deal. If you need a ticket, please have cash, exact change prefered. This will make mine and your lives much easier and get us making turns a lot sooner. If you need to reach me on the hill, call me @ 303-884-3768. We will be set up in the first 4 parking spots at the basin lot.

We will have a few demo's from All Boards Sports, as well as a few more goodies that will remain a suprise. We will be manning the demo tent as needed early in the day, so if you want to try some thing early, try to get there an be set up before the lifts start turning. If you get on something and are not feeling the love, let myself or one of the other LCI knuckleheads know and we will take care of you. As the day progresses we will have more of a presence at the tent.

The forecast is looking like we will have a nice firm day on sunday, as always it may be a tad breezy, cloudy, high of 35, with a chance of some precip.

Once again, thanks for riding with us and see you on Sunday!

Ink - pass

Concussed - pass

KarverKai - pass - very excited to be able to participate finally

Big Mario - pass

Seraph - Covered, I have a 4 pak tik.

Arneburner - pass

Greenleaf - pass

Angie/Jim Callen - we have 2 for 1 vouchers (might have some extra too)

Michelle - ticket

Shrederjen - 4 pack ticket +

Mark R (wants to try hardbooting!) - 4pack ticket

pc denver - pass - if the G lets me out of the house

scott.creer - 2 passes needed

D.T. - pass

Shelly - pass

lazysnowkisser - 4 pack

Dusty Bottle - pass + extra 2-fer voucher (if anyone needs it)

What happened Sunday? Any reports?

Powder, WIND, WIND, WIND, WIND, more powder, WIND, tons of powder, stuck at Loveland until 5:30 because the tunnel was closed.

That basically sums it up :biggthump

As I posted on the other Loveland thread, Saturday was great carving but warm & windy. The liftie in the shack at the top of Lift #8 said the wind was steady at 60mph with gusts to 85mph.

I think it may have been the windiest I have ever experienced on the slope.

Windy even for Loveland (but still great boarding).

Everyone made at least a run or two before switching over to powder gear. The snow was dumping the entire time, then as Angie said, the wind showed up and visibility went from next to nothing to nonexistent.

We have the largest female presence ever... Michelle, Angie, Jen, Steph and Shelly were all representing! Total attendance was over 25 people.

Bola made some Viruses available for demo. Sean had a group of Doneks available as well.

I had a great time in the powder. Kress and I spent a lot of time in the trees. We both got to ride the new powder shape. It is shaping up to be an excellent addition. Not quite as good as the cat trip at SES, but pretty close. We found a great stash around 2:00 and kept going for a few more. Was a fun day except for the hour to hour and half that the snow and wind made it impossible to ride.

Today was my first riding day since the LCS. I took my son (age 6) to Keystone and played around on the front slopes while he was in ski school.

I was back on my 178 Volkl Rentiger, which was good, but the conditions really made me appreciate the Virus UFC and a metal Donek 184 that I rode in the chopped up powder & blizzard at the LCS.

I'm thinking that I might need a new board next season......

Matt