Note to New Members ×

Toe and heel lift and when to use it?

newcarver

Do not get offended by my words. I want to compare the style, such as race where all the news works in detail - the setting angles , lifts,cants , inclination, etc.For example, F1-where the first solutions and innovations are tested and then put into mass production.Lets see -Carbon fiber's-it is taken from the space industry, F1, medicine and now in virtually we have in every board.Biomechanics of sport says that it is better to lift than without.

I have many friends in Poland who know a lot about EC and have not heard of Böhmer and Pump styles.

I always dreamed to go to Soelden - maybe next year we meet out there!

I with a lift - you witout .

No, no Tatoos, I am not offended! We just speak together.

Soelden is amazing and the slope with the final wall is super!

I hope see you in november (at the start of season) or next year in may.

Interesting discussion. I've found that when I ride a wider board and use shallower angles that I'm quite comfortable using no toe or heel lift, in fact I prefer riding flat. However when I'm on narrow boards and using steep angles there is no way that I can comfortably ride without heel and toe lift.

Personal experience is that stance angle needs to be considered when discussing flat or lift.

Interesting discussion. I've found that when I ride a wider board and use shallower angles that I'm quite comfortable using no toe or heel lift, in fact I prefer riding flat. However when I'm on narrow boards and using steep angles there is no way that I can comfortably ride without heel and toe lift.

Personal experience is that stance angle needs to be considered when discussing flat or lift.

Yes, of course!

Also in my opinion, to be considered:

- stance (I am 175 cm and my stance is 48/49 cm)

- angles/board widht (I ride normally 22-22,5 w boards, with boots mp.27, and my angles are 45°/52°)

- boots/binding flex

Once I rode normally narrow boards too, with toe/heel lift too, but now when I ride (sometimes in a season) narrow boards (18-19 cm w, or rarely a Pogo Stilett 184, 15 w), I set my bindings equally flat. I think I can confortably use steep angles as my boots are very flexible in forward lean (comfort) but with a good side transmission (as every hardboot).

As Pokkis said before, last april in Solden I could tested some narrow boards (Virus and Oxess), with cants and lifts but i didnt like feeling, most propably due too habit to ride flat.

Cant and or lift will make your stance more comfortable,unless you are moving up to the next level (a plate that is flexable) you are riding on outdated equipment and you deserve all the discomfort it will give you.:p:confused:

:D thank you for the valuable advices but for now I continue to ride with all the discomfort.

Would it not be more productive to argue what color of pants are best?

Neither side is going to EVER convince the other that they're wrong. I think both could agree that if someone's setup feels good and causes no issues with their riding, then it's good for that rider.