Note to New Members ×

Madds????? Have They Shipped?????

Mellow Yellow

Has anybody received his or her board yet? Gotten a confirmation from Madd with a tracking number? The 29th has come and past with no word from Madd.

I... along with a good number of folks have been very patient with this process.... so I don't think it's out of line for me to ask...

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE SHIPMENTS???? :confused:

~Jasen

mine came today so and I it looks killer but on closer inspection it looks like whoever put on the carbon sheet was a bit of a hack

it is a little chipped and there are gobs of epoxy in places near the edges of the sheet these things are cosmetic though(I hope)

other than the way the carbon sheet was applied it seems to be quite well crafted

the tune is killer, thanks ski doc !

well the big wait is over now I just need to go ride it.

Bob and others. Please make sure that you clean out your inserts before you put your bindings on. There is quite a bit of material in there that needs to be removed before you put a screw in there. Also if you have an M6 bottoming tap run that through the threads on the inserts too.

->Ben

P.S.

As always the tune is second to none. Mike does such a superbe job on everything that comes into his shop I would NEVER take my boards elsewhere. And I know that these are sentiments shared by many others.

Originally posted by bschurman

Bob and others. Please make sure that you clean out your inserts before you put your bindings on. There is quite a bit of material in there that needs to be removed before you put a screw in there. Also if you have an M6 bottoming tap run that through the threads on the inserts too.

->Ben

What if I don't know what a M6 bottoming tap is... (well I sort of do now)? If the material removal with say a Q-tip? Or will I need something like a dental scraper pick?

--Arvin

P.S. I love the Pedro's Syn Grease. In addition to greasing all the screws on my Catek Freerides. I used it on the hinge pins in my apartment and am finally free of squeaky doors and cabinets. I also put them on my front tire bolts to make them easier to tighten/loosen.

An M6 bottoming tap is a tap used to cut threads but has no point on the bottom so that you don't break through the base material. The M6 part is the size of threads that it cuts. I use it to clean out the threads if there are any problems with the inserts before I put the bolts in. If there is a thread problem and you put a bolt in there it will ruin the bolts or worse ruin the threads in the insert.

As far as a cleaning item I would think a dentist pick would be a great thing to use. I actually used a small jewlers screwdriver to get most of it out but there is still some stubborn stuff so I bought some needle nose tweezers to get the rest of the gunk out. If you don't see silver in the bottom of the insert there is stuff in there that you need to get out. I think it's just the carbon from the butterfly on the topsheet when the inserts were revealed after finishing the boards. But if you don't get it all out then you risk pulling out the bindings since you won't have proper thread ingagement.

->Ben

Guest rick ferguson

For all the hype and long wait for these boards and the premium price tag, one would think that they could have cleaned out the threads!. That's like me selling a top shelf surfboard and leaving the polish residue and tape on the board. Not everyone should have to buy a tap to clean them out, for the price it should have been "ready to ride" That's just how I do business, other's do it like this! Hope it all works out, sorry to hear about the poor carbon lay up and epoxy slop!:p

I was able to witness first hand on tues the 30th of this week the inserts being cleaned out before being boxed and shipped on each and every board. The boards themselves as well as the structure and tuning (if you opted to have that done) were nothing short of individual works of art in my opinion. I have one on order. After seeing them first-hand I'm even more anxious to rip some turns. My board as well as everyone elses is getting TLC.

Guest AlpentalRider

Spare me the drama Jack. If a person decides to run a company and produce something, or an individual decides to take a job as an instructor, then they chose that and should be judged accordingly.

The points brought up by people are valid points. If it was any other company like Burton/Prior/etc and these issues arose, the company would be apologetic and take measures to correct the problems.

So to sit there and chastise people for voicing concerns and opinions about issues that they see is unwarrented and rude. Nobody owes you or Madd anything. They all bought a product, and have the right to expect a certain level of quality and professionalism when making that purchase.

Just because someone decides to do something good for the sport doesn't mean everyone around them should owe them something and treat them like they are on a pedistal. That may be the way you think, but it certainly isn't the way I was raised.

if you are refering to me which it is a good bet you are.

ya, the board was way late and in my last payment on paypal I was kind of pissy given my life gets hectic post october so I do have reason that this thing was supposed to be here in uh september not december

notice I am not whining about where my Coiler is because I was given a realistic date for delivery

what I posted was the truth that board is top quality but there was someone who along the line who was more slack than the rest of the crew who put on the carbon sheet it is obvious in the final product

this by the large manufacturers would mean second quality but this was a small run and these things happen

I did pay less than what the retail for these decks in was 1997 or so I know that

am I a little fustrated with madd, yes I am

am I bitching, maybe but that is a given if you sell boards and miss your own delivery dates

that happens and if you do not do it all your self these things are nearly unavoidable but good god just fill us in if we PRE PAY WE DESERVE TO KNOW what the status of our deck is before it is late

my boards that were custom I did not prepay but you know those were with companies that

have a solid base and repeat costomers

madd has none of this they just have those that were willing to give them a little faith based on some legendary boards from back in the day but better service even if it was just honest info would have been a huge help

over all they did me right I have my board I know the value of it and it goes beyond what most companies can even come close to producing

Originally posted by bobdea

my inserts are clean so with my deck this was a non issue

but anyone have a idea if I should use longer screws it does look like the inserts are a little recessed but that could be optical

Ben's post would seem to indicate that one can go either way with longer bolts.

I would have done the same experiment Ben did if he hadn't alreday done it (Thanks Ben) since I have TD2s. Must say I am relieved that I can use the 5 mm headed TD2 screws :)

I hope that my post about the inserts was not construed as bitching in any shape or form. I just wanted people to be aware that this may be a problem and they should take care of it the best they can before they put bindings on it and have them rip out. I would think that would really suck to have stripped inserts on your brand new board.

Also if anyone had any reason to be upset about the delivery date I think it would be Jack. I think the MADD is going to be his only board and if he didn't have then he would have nothing to ride on. Well, I am sure that any one of us would give Jack a board to borrow but I digress. Now that things are moving along in the MADD dept I think we should all just chill a little and get out on the snow. There is some to be had I know I can't wait 'till Wednesday and try out my new MADD. :-)

Guest ethanpt

To the folks who have already recieved their boards- were you contacted/informed that they were on the way or did you just get them...I have tried to contact Madd by email just to get an idea as to when it will arrive, but I haven't heard back.

Thanks

Originally posted by ethanpt

To the folks who have already recieved their boards- were you contacted/informed that they were on the way or did you just get them...I have tried to contact Madd by email just to get an idea as to when it will arrive, but I haven't heard back.

Thanks

I aked if it had been shipped via email, and got a prompt reply including a tracking number.