Note to New Members ×

Burton step-ins

Harmless

It'll work, but if you are looking for a race-specific binding, then this is not it.

What you gain in convenience, you loose in performance.

90's technology, and the design is not terribly stiff/supportive.

If you want step-in, go with the latest step-in technology, like the fin-tec. More reliable, more durabiltiy and more support.

The F2 and Bomber TD3-SW are what many racers are using.

It'll work, but if you are looking for a race-specific binding, then this is not it.

What you gain in convenience, you loose in performance.

90's technology, and the design is not terribly stiff/supportive.

If you want step-in, go with the latest step-in technology, like the fin-tec. More reliable, more durabiltiy and more support.

The F2 and Bomber TD3-SW are what many racers are using.

I just watched a guy kick freakin arse in slalom on burton step ins and an ancient oxygen. School was in session for sure!:eek:

I just watched a guy kick freakin arse in slalom on burton step ins and an ancient oxygen. School was in session for sure!:eek:

seen it Many times before...

Talent, Skillz, Experiance + Conditioning on just about Any equipment will easily kick your azz no matter what you're riding/driving, etc.

for example, put me in Travis Pastrana's Rally Car, and him in my POS chebby pickup and he'd easily kick my fat talentless azz on any track ;)

Shows that if you have the riding skills, it really doesn't matter what system you're on. :biggthump

..and if your system is already working just fine, then there's really no reason to upgrade.

:rolleyes:

actually they are probably ok for a begginer. they are a little scary to me, mainly becuase the lever is in the rear, where the most force is, AND the rear lever sticks out more than the front toe bail.

that being said, sever TOP pro still ride the race plates, and some have screwed the race plate blocks directly to their plate systems.

They have as much "flex" as the td3 SW, actually MORE, which is why I use them for BX.