Note to New Members ×

Tremblant

pm_wizard

Has anyone been to Tremblant recently? I need to bust out and I can't cope with the ten hours to Sugarloaf, is the riding any good at Tremblant yet? Anywhere else better in the Eastern Townships maybe or Vermont. Help me, I need time on the snow and away from TO.... How about le Massif? is it up and running?

John

Guest The other Jacques

ARCrider,

Seeing as how you'll be driving right past Trenton on your way to Tremblant, do you have room for a boy and his boards? Have gas money.

But if that giant car of yours of is full have fun without me.

Guest The other Jacques

I have been there many times as well and have only gently hit a couple of skiers (actually they hit me after I got under them). True it's expensive but a few of the runs work for carving.

Skategoat,

Thanks for the link to the Tremblant chat... not sure if it's worth the drive to Acton yet. I've been to tremblant a couple of times before, and I know it is not the best of carving hills (due mostly to crowds), but I am getting desperate.

Help, anyone suggest anywhere else to go next weekend to get some carve time in? The hills in Collingwood are essentially bare as far as I can tell.

Thanks,

John

When are you thinking of going? I'm dying looking at the snow those guys have in Maine.

Holiday Valley is similar to Blue Mountain in size and vertical. It's a broad ridge with multiple faces. Lots of variety. Lots of glades runs.

But the best part is the Town of Elicottville. Very authentic ski/party town. Lots of good bars, restaurants and friendly people.

I dont' like Tremblant either: expensive, crowded, overhyped and badly laid out. For a little more driving, go to Ste-Anne. If the North side is open, go for it, it the best carving spot I know. Le Massif usually opens late in the season, but with the new snow canons, they may open earlier.

Derf:

Don't forget, they also have the most misleading snow reports in the country. The guy at Tremblant-insider reports that Intrawest reported 21 runs open with top to bottom skiing on the weekend.

The truth? FOUR runs open. And the lift tickets were $51. Apparently customer service was swamped with irate skiers demanding refunds.