Note to New Members ×

Binding Placement on VSR Board?

murphy12

Just looking for opinions/advice on where to set my bindings(TD3 Sidewinder) on my new Prior FLC 173. On my other, single-radius boards, I run the bindings in the innermost inserts, around 18" or so.

I'd like the nose to come around more quickly while maintaining tail pressure, ie, a sharper turn. I've ridden the board 2 days, and it's very subtle and forgiving. Current stance is 17.25"-should I move the front binding forwards?

Many thanks, Murph.

Just looking for opinions/advice on where to set my bindings(TD3 Sidewinder) on my new Prior FLC 173. On my other, single-radius boards, I run the bindings in the innermost inserts, around 18" or so.

I'd like the nose to come around more quickly while maintaining tail pressure, ie, a sharper turn. I've ridden the board 2 days, and it's very subtle and forgiving. Current stance is 17.25"-should I move the front binding forwards?

Many thanks, Murph.

17 is a really small stance unless you're like 5 foot tall. most people here are running 19 or 20

Run the stance that is comfortable for you; experiment, but listen your body. As for where to put things, it's going to vary from one manufacturer to the next. Your best approach is to take a allen key with you and move it around during the day. Last season, some of the guys were preferring about 1/2in forward of the insert pack center on my boards. I haven't really checked in on that since the changes I made for this year. Small changes will make a big difference, and you'll find what you like pretty quickly. Being the obsessive engineer I am, I always ride the center of the insert pack because that's the way I engineered it.

Haha, nope-5'7'',30' inseam.

Thinkin I should stretch it out a bit.

try stretching it to like 18.5 get used to that and keep going from there, too big a jump might be scary. pretty much what I did what I just said. I ended up riding 18.75 for like a decade, now with the wider boards and slightly lower angles I'm settling at 19

With 30" inseam, 17.25" is quite narrow... I'd start from 18" and up...

I like riding most of the boards centered on the inserts. That's how the manufacturers intended them to ride. Most of VSR boards have hooky nose already, so shifting the bindings forward is not really required.

However, like everything in snowboarding, this is very individual. Try few locations for yourself and see what worked for you. It doesn't take long to reposition the TD3/Sidewinder. TD2 is another story - that's why Scooby and me have cut all of ours open.

I have been riding 19.75" stance for years; hard or soft.

Centered on inserts, which is usually 1" back on the effective edge.

But I like Sean's logic "Being the obsessive engineer I am, I always ride the center of the insert pack because that's the way I engineered it."

Shouldn't that mean that the asym boards should make a come back?:eek:

I am allmost same size as you and have allso TD SW.

I am 5,58" inseam 31,5', front and back 3 degree lift.

Now ride 19' stance 50/55 angles

last year ride 20' stance 60/63 angles, same bindings as this year.

Like more 50/55 angles, I get more pressure to edge and edge change is faster. But try different combinations and you will find what suits for you.

Tom