Note to New Members ×

two carving sides...same carving coin

obi one

• 3 weeks later...
Nice vids.

Ever try widening that stance out?

Well... in the clip "Shadows at Pila" I used a quite large stance...according to the classic skwal criteria :) =max 4 cm.

Generally I prefer to stay below 4cm between the front and the back foot to increase control and to converge towards a single pressure point over the skwal-...but "if skwal is freedom than stance is freedom by choice" ;)

obi one

PS do you use Thor gloves? isn't it? so do I...

• 2 weeks later...
Very smooth - that looks good, much more flow there than I see in most modern "carving" on snowboards. I've seen skwal people, but not riding that well.

I think that "smooth" and "flow" in skwal is coming from the fact that we apply a pure "frontal carving" and non rotational or anticipatory actions of the upper body parts...the feeling when you skwal is similar to motorbiking (stree motorbikes). Finally skwal technique adds to the carving equation a number of new things like "feet-clock" , "tilting", "body lateral continuity", "simmetry etc... check these things out here http://www.skwalclubitalia.it/Englis...ANCED%20OK.pdf .

have you ever given a try?...:)

Sounds reasonable. Or you could just have it completely nailed of course.

That link's broken, but I'll dig through to it when I get a little more time.

Haven't tried, but then I've not seen one ridden that well before so next time I see them for hire I may give it a go. I'm not really a "carver" in the sense of many here though, so it's not an obvious choice for me. But it looks much better than most snowboard carving styles.

Sounds reasonable. Or you could just have it completely nailed of course.

That link's broken, but I'll dig through to it when I get a little more time.

Haven't tried, but then I've not seen one ridden that well before so next time I see them for hire I may give it a go. I'm not really a "carver" in the sense of many here though, so it's not an obvious choice for me. But it looks much better than most snowboard carving styles.

Hi philw, yes link does not work...just go to http://www.skwalclubitalia.it/ click on "tecnica-skwal" section and click on the "english section" under "livello avanzato".

obi one

• 2 weeks later...