Note to New Members ×

Vegetarian on-hill food?

spil

Burritos (no- really)

Vegan, or lacto ovo?

Nuts, cheese and fruit are all good ones for easy on hill eating with enough carbs/ fat to keep you happy an warm. Eat well the night before and stay hydrated. There are a lot of good vegan "energy bar" type recipes that are less "power bar" and more oatmeal cookie.

I generally avoid a big meal and just have pocketable snacks for a steady snacking flow.

I'm lacto/ovo.

Burritos sound pretty good, I might try that. I could prepare everything pretty easily, except for the rice, but I could live without rice (I only have a microwave).

I usually do no real meals and snack, but that's only if I'm riding until 2 or so. If I'm staying until last chair, I like to have a "real" meal to sort of break the day in half. Might get some nuts or trail mix though, sounds better than gnawing on a frozen powerbar.

no see you fatten them up with the vegi first, THEN you eat the meat eater, see cause all that fat, will help keep you warm..... until they die. think of them as "food storage"

Oh, I see. So you don't eat the fat, you make a coat out of it, Ed Gein style?

I'm with Divebomber. I would eat the vegi first. Chances are the meat has been less tainted with all of the industrial crap - they'll taste better. When the food supplies start getting short, then go for the meat eaters - they'll most likely last longer anyway as fatty has been surviving on all of the stored fat.

You catch 'em, I'll cook 'em.....deal?

Oh, I see. So you don't eat the fat, you make a coat out of it, Ed Gein style?

That's just gross.

• 2 weeks later...
Any vegetarians here?

I became vegetarian this summer, but now that ski season has started/been going on for a while, I'm getting really tired of pbj sandwiches every time I ride.:barf: Any ideas for an easy, filling brown-bag lunch?

Back to the point....

I'm vegan, and for snacks on the hill I usually revert to nuts and granola bars (bora bora, clifff, raw revolution, etc). However, I generally don't ride until last chair. Bagels are great in the morning, they give quick energy and if you put hummus/avocados on them, they will also give you protein to stay with you for a while. In the pocket, they freeze and aren't very good.

Dates are also really yummy and will give you a quick sugar fix if needed. Honey sticks are another alternative.

Chocolate is a must and i always have it with me, or for a quick fix there's always M&M's or a chcolate brownie/cookie in the lodge although I try to stay away from that stuff as it's not usually vegan based.

For an actual lunch, homemade burritos are also an option, with your fav fillings and a good balance of protein and fats to keep you going all afternoon.

Back to the point....

I'm vegan, and for snacks on the hill I usually revert to nuts and granola bars (bora bora, clifff, raw revolution, etc). However, I generally don't ride until last chair. Bagels are great in the morning, they give quick energy and if you put hummus/avocados on them, they will also give you protein to stay with you for a while. In the pocket, they freeze and aren't very good.

Dates are also really yummy and will give you a quick sugar fix if needed. Honey sticks are another alternative.

Chocolate is a must and i always have it with me, or for a quick fix there's always M&M's or a chcolate brownie/cookie in the lodge although I try to stay away from that stuff as it's not usually vegan based.

For an actual lunch, homemade burritos are also an option, with your fav fillings and a good balance of protein and fats to keep you going all afternoon.

I pack a zipbag with almond, cashews, and M&M's (regular, peanut butter, and coconut). I'll ride straight through lunch time, and just munch on the lift line or the chair up.