Note to New Members ×

Horse trading at SES?

bjvircks

This is my 1st SES. I'm guessing that there may be quite a bit of private party equipment selling and trading going on. Yes/No?

This is my first SES and I am buying something from another party going to SES (and picking said purchase up there). So there's a data point for you.

This is my 1st SES. I'm guessing that there may be quite a bit of private party equipment selling and trading going on. Yes/No? I'm wondering if I should wait to get to SES and scrounge for items there or shop the BOL classifieds now.

bj,

Anything specific you are looking for? I'll be at SES, and im about to post to sell a set of TD2-SI's, a set of intec heels, and possibly my Donek Axxess 172 cm.

I'm hoping to, that's why I posted a bunch of stuff recently. It's convenient and saves shipping costs for the buyer and shipping hassle for the seller.

I figure it's better to set up sales in advance than to bring stuff on the plane and have to take it home again. It seems hit-and-miss to actually find someone wanting exactly what you're selling at SES, or someone with what you want. There's no convenient place to list stuff for sale at SES. Better to list it here and arrange to get it there.

Plan to either go home with or have a pending order for something from the demo tent. It's hard not to after riding the latest and greatest offerings from the various manufacturers.

This is my 1st SES. I'm guessing that there may be quite a bit of private party equipment selling and trading going on. Yes/No? I'm wondering if I should wait to get to SES and scrounge for items there or shop the BOL classifieds now.

I would say "No". Like Corey said, set it up now, I find that you are pretty busy riding and going to the events. Folks are pretty spread out too, not like everyone is in one spot. Folks have a hard enough time finding time to even post updates on the Forum let alone having an organized swap set up. You want to focus on riding and enjoying the other riders. Some serious characters !!! Have fun!!

If you want to get any attention at the shin digs, you better have a cold pitcher of dark beer in your hand with a big friendly smile on your face!!!

We have in the past had people bring stuff with a sign on it and lean it up against the nearest ski rack, or stick it in the snow. We don't allow it in the demo tent for obvious reasons, but you are welcome to stick it in the snow in the area. There's always lots of people hanging around and I've seen stuff sold.

With that in mind, I also agree with Corey that it's a pain to take it to the SES and have to take it home again. Bomber will NOT take things back to Bomber to sell for you, sorry. We've got enough stuff of our own. Also, if it's still hanging around when we leave the mountain for the day, we can't be responsible for it. Just in case anyone had any sneaky ideas...... :)

Setting it up by posting on the classifieds is the best way to go. Good luck!