Note to New Members ×

Riding a dynaster 3800 or similar board

Surf Quebec

I've acquired a dynastar 3800 163 and so far I've only ride it in my living room.

I ride my other boards (SG, Hot Blast) with HSP.

I had for nothing an old pair of raichle 125 (never used them so far) which are quite soft.

I thought it would be a good idea to ride this board with a softer boots.

Since I'm using a mondo 26 boot, I can get very low angle.

I'm set to 40-30 currently

On a board this wide (cm) what kind of angle do you used ?

Are you using the same stance with lower angle ?

Any other tip ?

I intend to use the board during the few powder days we have and in the spring.

Same boot size as you. On all of my freeride/pow setups I go as low as it would go with the rear boot, sometimes even with some overhang, while in front I don't go lower then 45* to maintain good heel side carve when I need it. Big splay gives me more mobillity and surfy feel and allows better skid turns. So, front 45-50, rear 25-35...

3800 is one of the most versatile boards ever. I wish they made a 24 wide version...

Soft big nose floats and absorbs, stiff tail holds the carve on hard pack. It likes to be ridden on the tail. Front binding to the last insert pack, then set the stance widthe on the rear inserts to the desired... If it became too hard to initiate toe side turns, then move slightly forward.

Use the floppiest plates you can find.

Rear most inserts like BlueB said. Very fun board. Does carve quite well. I've only used mine with softies but is still great fun and will rail on good snow. Only board that I've found to be funner in pow so far is the Durpaz, but it doesn't carve nearly as well. At least with softies. Still haven't tried either with plates. I wear size 26.5 and have my soft boot angles at 32 F 20 R and only have a tiny bit of overhang. Have a question about when these were made? Any other boards that are very similar in ride? Was thinking that the Volkl Selecta might be pretty close.

l only had one day our on mine but yes, ride the tail. Carves really well too. l am thinking about using uber soft hard boots... the old Vibram soled Raichle Snowboarder boots with Burton bindings. l used my UPZ's and felt that they were more boot than l wanted for riding pow.

• 2 weeks later...

I ride my new 3800 yesterday, wow !!!

I was able to surf (skid) and to carve on the edge easily.

I ride the board with old Raichlee 125 I had for almost nothing 3 weeks ago.

Now the question is will I live with 2 pairs of boots ?

I'm not sure I would have had as much fun yesterday with my Head boots which are the boots I use with my "race" board.

Since these boards are getting hard to find, anybody have a replacement recommendation? I sold mine to a good friend and he instantly fell in love with it. I have been riding my Dupraz D1 5'5" with softies as a replacement. Definitly similar but with a more surfy feel. It is better in tight moggles and trees but does't carve as well unless the snow is perfect. Was thinking of getting a new Incline with a pointed nose and softer flex in the nose? Would be cool if I could get the semi swallow tail cutout too. Would be hard to replicate the cool graphics of the Dynastar though :cool:

I've acquired a dynastar 3800 163...Since I'm using a mondo 26 boot, I can get very low angle.

I'm set to 40-30 currently

On a board this wide (cm) what kind of angle do you used ?

Are you using the same stance with lower angle?...

On 3800-169: Boot MP27 - Inseam 33"/83.7cm

TD2 set in the centre hole at the last row (lots of nose)

Stance:21"

Front Plate 45*- Base 3*Lift (at 45*)

Rear Plate 35*- Base 6*Cant (at 50*)

Luv this set up

I never change my boots... Just fine tune with buckle tension and BTS preload.

Agree. Only one boots and I loosen the TD2 Toe Bail and i can wiggle...

RT

post-6136-141842333444_thumb.jpg