Note to New Members ×

Make two left step-in heels

ZetaTre

I'm in the process of buying another pair of OS2 with step in to upgrade the wife's bindings from the Burton to something more adjustable. Also I would like to go to step ins on my board as well. The plan is to mount a front standard and a rear step in on each board.

I'm looking into buying a pair Fin's heels and make 2 left heels out of it (one would be for me and one for my wife, since we're both goofy)...

Michelle (I think was her I spoke to...) said others have done it and the only modification required should be a hole in the plastic cover to re-route the wire. Any tip?

Left or right handed. I'm left, one is easier to release because it's a stretch to reach around the boot. Be nice to your wife give her the easy reach!

Wouldn't having the handle on the inside interfere? If not I do like you say: I'm left too while she's right (ALWAYS, of course)...

I think there's one small part inside that can't be reversed. Though I can't find anything to back that up right now...

On intec heels the actuation cam/pivot that retracts the pins where the cable attaches is not reversable. I've tried.

Not positive on fintecs, but my inquiries when they came out were answered that they are the same.

After taking it apart(intec) and examining it closely I don't see why it can't be made reversible. and out of metal so that it will not flex with age or when the pins get sticky.

Here's another angle: ask Fin to ship you 2 left heels (or right) when you buy the pair. I know he's busy right now with plates (and to his credit things may have changed), but here's what he said to me when I was in same situation....

--------------------------------------------------

Norm,

Hmmm, you northern guys are so picky. And I had always heard you had two LEFT feet.

I will do this, I can sell you a set that are both right Fin-Tec heels. Same price, not a problem. Just place the order on line and in the area for a note refer to this e-mail and that they need to both be right. I will then take it from there.

Have a good winter!

Cheers,

Fin

-------------------------------------------------

he's such a great guy.....!