Note to New Members ×

SNES 2011, June Mt.

Wolfman

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance to have Gunsmoke closed for say 2 hours and then move to Shatzi (and unrope Shatzi?) ? Not much pitch or width to Gunsmoke. Deer Bowl was also nice. Today I ran the entire lower mountain... lots of POW on my Salomon 160 Sick stick. I ran Gunsmoke yesterday (all hard groom until later) and found it a bit hard to keep the speed up- especially once the sun hit it.

I think wider trails are a much better idea when you have a lot of carvers at once. We still like to go one at a time... but it allows room for error.

John, Gunsmoke will probably be the only run that patrol can "reserve" for us. What they do is put up a race in progress sign and some fences. J7 gets way more traffic than slow J4 so they will likely not be able to close off Schatzi for us, especially on a weekend. Gunsmoke does get a little slow if you're really cranking turns but it is still a great pitch and a lot of fun. We'll move around the mountain in groups, but home base will likely need to remain at the base of J4 as we did last year. You're right though, Schatzi does have a really nice pitch for laying it out.

Loc, I thought the storm was going to wrap up by Friday. Has that changed? :mad:

Hi guys!

I met some of you at last year's SNES. Some of you might know Luca, and I'm his other half :). Luca won't be attending this year, but I'm hoping to see some of you guys again and meet some new faces. I'll be going with another carving buddy, Celine, so we are looking forward to the weekend coming up.

We have room for another person if someone is looking for a place to stay. Just send me a msg.

Ride on!

-Mary

Hi guys!

I met some of you at last year's SNES. Some of you might know Luca, and I'm his other half :). Luca won't be attending this year, but I'm hoping to see some of you guys again and meet some new faces. I'll be going with another carving buddy, Celine, so we are looking forward to the weekend coming up.

We have room for another person if someone is looking for a place to stay. Just send me a msg.

Ride on!

-Mary

Im in mary/ i met you guys last season at snow valley. I have yet to find a carpool buddy or a lodging buddy and would love to entertain one or both if interested/ Im in the OC and have an AWD mercedes wagon

I am JLM right now and 2-3 inches have fallen, gun smoke was fine, no monster jumps. It was flat light, cold, windy not a good day for carving. Seems like the weather system moving throught is really unstable right now as the forecast changes every day.

Depending on weather, I may not go up next weekend. I don't mind snow, but if it's wind-driven... I'll stay inside, thanks. I will definitely be up the next weekend though, probably Friday thru Sunday.

-- Greg

Call 922/ Waaaaaambulance! We have a saying..."are you gonna' ride or bake cookies?" I'll take peanut butter cookies please, as I plan to ride. :flamethro

June is hardly ever windy, that's why most people go to June when there are mini-tornadoes at Mammoth.

And I've been informed that the hotel reservation can't be canceled and my father is working the weekend after anyway, so I'll see you guys up there.

Im in mary/ i met you guys last season at snow valley. I have yet to find a carpool buddy or a lodging buddy and would love to entertain one or both if interested/ Im in the OC and have an AWD mercedes wagon

I sent you a msg. not sure if you got it. But send me an email if you are still interested in going in with the lodging -majoan318@gmail.com

:)

We got hammered with snow today. I am almost back in LA. So much snow that neither of my powder boards offered enough float.. At Mammoth Even an O-Sin 4708 split tail was working hard. Enough powder to do the avalanche chutes. I got tons of pow..enough this trip that I have had my fill for at least a year.

As it is.. with todays snow... it will take at least 2-4 days at June (Also June has less skier traffic to "work the snow") for it to be firm enough for hardboot carving, perhaps 2-3 days for softboots. It was already too soft for soft boot carving yesterday. And with another 5 days of snow... you can just add more days onto that....

I doubt we will see much carving....

But if it doesn't work out this weekend.... I'll come up next weekend too.

... is for people who have no choice.

I ride the $hittiest conditions... I ride local at Big Bear :lol::lol:

Anyway, even here, local, Summit is gonna get 20"+ of the fresh stuff (that's a lot for us, down here). I'll probably get a day off of work on Thursday. Unfortunately, I won't be making SNES :(

I wanted to go up to Summit for freshies tomorrow and try out the 3800 with hardboots and put to rest some "butt hurt" issues i brought up in some other thread. But, I won't get a shot at it, unfortunately...