Note to New Members ×

Your Favoite....

Art

I second the Tom Waits vote, I've been obsessed with his music for a long time now. Not really while riding though. While riding:

Powder - reggae!

Carving - grant green, john scofield, some live phish, mmw, old school punk, iron maiden killers, critters buggin'

When I used to live in Bend, I'd go up every morning and listen to the morning AM news while riding. There was something very odd about that....

Robert

I'd be interested if any Americans have heard of my all-time favourite band - Blue Rodeo. These guys defy categorization. Definitely on the softer side of rock but I'd never call them pop. Definite country influence. A touch of psychedelia depending on their mental state. Superb song-writing.

www.bluerodeo.com

Five Days in July and Diamond Mine are probably their best albums.

These guys are gods in Canada.

Right now I'm listening to Dead Can Dance, one of my favorite bands ever. Hard to categorize, could be filed under world or new-age but it's somber enough to appeal to the gothic crowd. Acoustic instruments, lots of percussion, hypnotic voices, mostly instrumental or glossolalia. Very relaxing.

I just ordered a few CDs from Flesh Field (industrial, metal-ish), Assemblage 23 (industrial, electronic), Juno Reactor (electronic, danceable).

Also a big fan of Afro Celt Sound System (upbeat westernish world music) and Skinny Puppy (semi-abrasive industrial music (half of their stuff is great, but the other half is unlistenable)).

I think that covers most of the genres I like best.

"Surfin' with the alien" had to be made for carving, just listen to the background tracks....sounds like a carver slicin' through the corduroy to me!!!

"Flyin in a blue dream" is my warm-up song as I ride the lift up for the first run of the day. We need someone to put together a kick-ass carving film with a really good sound track.....any budding producers out there?

Still waitin' on snow :(

Paul

Guest Mark Jeangerard
Originally posted by Stan

I'll just HAVE TO second that ...

Got to see them twice this past summer on the 35th aniversary tour . . . Both shows were amazing . . .

Good then, you saw them once for the time I missed. i heard the show here was out of this world. Unfortunately I was on tour the same time they were. We simply never ended up in the same city. Have seen them the last three tours. It's good to see Rick back in the mix.

Just to be a dick, I will tell you that I saw them in an amphitheatre in the Sangre de Cristo mountains in Santa Fe, NM. They played The Revealing Sciense Of God as the full moon rose in a light rain. HA!

We must have waited all our lives for this....

I just saw Yes live for a second time last summer. The show was amazing, unfortunately, I didn't know lots of songs, but I found the setlist on the internet so I can get the albums (The Yes Album and Going For The One).

It's quite surprising that at my age (27), I have seen Yes twice and Emerson Lake and Palmer once, two groups from the 70s! The first time I saw Yes was on an island just beside Montréal, and while they played, the sun was going down behing the city that we could see in the distance, amazing! The strongest moment in the last show was the opening with "Going For The One" and also "And You And I".

Originally posted by Derf

It's quite surprising that at my age (27), I have seen Yes twice and Emerson Lake and Palmer once, two groups from the 70s!

Well - I'm 30 . . . :rolleyes: Seen, as mentioned, Yes twice, King Crimson once, and what was left of The Doors last summer . . .

As for "full moon" and "sun going down" - I find that most of Yes' epics work wonderfully with either a sunset or sunrise . . . I think I put my life in danger listening to, say, "Awaken" during sunset sitting in Jersey traffic . . . :D