Note to New Members ×

2011 Ride Thread

CaRtharsis

I am bemoaning the fact that I must work for a living knowing how great the cord would have been this morn'!

One small compensating factor is that next Monday is a T-66 dat at Tremblant and I am going to be there.

Anyone up for taking a mental health day Mon 7 Mar 2011?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul, myself and Andy (token planker) are heading to MSM on Wed and Friday. Anyone care to join us? Should be much better than last time we were there.

We were at Calaboggie yesterday and it was EPIC. Lots of hero snow even on the steeps!!

We left many trenches...to the point where we were suppised no one complained.

^ Good job guys!

I'd love to ride day-time, but can't get away from work at the moment. However, I'm planning:

• Wednesday - Vorlage (night)
  • Saturday - somewhere
  • Sunday - Tremblant w girlfriend

Anyone else up for Saturday somewhere? The weekend does depend on the weather... looks like it might be raining buckets around here...

Cheers!

T & L has organized a bus trip to Jay with some great deals (free lift ticket Fri PM, meet & greet Fri evening, etc). The real bonus is that Jay just received FOUR FEET of snow in the past week (yeah, go check their website!) so I jumped on this deal on Fri. Email Chris Verrilli (cv@tandl.com) for details. I just looked at the T&L website and could not see the poster and it was too large to post here.

^ Good job guys!

I'd love to ride day-time, but can't get away from work at the moment. However, I'm planning:

• Wednesday - Vorlage (night)
  • Saturday - somewhere
  • Sunday - Tremblant w girlfriend

Anyone else up for Saturday somewhere? The weekend does depend on the weather... looks like it might be raining buckets around here...

Cheers!

I will be at CF at opening! Look for me at the bottom of the Clifford chair... The rain will be done by Friday and more snow is in the forecast!

Also, I will be at CF tonight (Tue).

OK - change of plans ... Brian, I am FINALLY going to head back to camp Fortune. What time do you plan on being there? Looks like the conditions should be great ... very excited.

Yes, conditions were good and Tabby is once again a CF enthusiast!

Not to mention putting in a "perfect" valley season :cool:

Brian - thanks for the ride and the excuse to go to Camp Fortune again, while I am not saying I am an enthusiast, I did have a great night. The conditions were hard pack and fast and there was NO ONE on the hill.

I made it back to the run where I broke my shoulder last year and have to admit that I felt like I had some great carves and really pulled it together. Camp Fortune's evil hold over me is done!

And yes - I have now skied every hill in the Ottawa Valley at least once this season. If the rain doesn't ruin everything, I will try and get out some more - fingers crossed that it stays cold!

If anyone was planning on coming out tonight, I'm bailing on Vorlage tonight. There's a wall of snow that I don't feel like driving both ways through advancing on Ottawa... plus visibility for carving sucks in heavy snow.

Gr.

There's a wall of snow that I don't feel like driving both ways through advancing on Ottawa... plus visibility for carving sucks in heavy snow.

Which is why Thursday holds much better promise - if the rain is minimal. I plan to sneak away early and get to CF at dusk to get a few carving turns in before I teach a class at 7 PM.

Any one else interested? Yeah, if it starts raining hard, I do not expect anyone to come out, but I am an eternal optimist!

-Brian

Saddest thing I have seen in a while ... taken from the hill / condition updates:

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="middle" align="center"><th colspan="3" bgcolor="#f7f7f7" height="8%" nowrap="nowrap">

Outaouais Region

</th> </tr> <tr valign="middle" align="center"> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" height="12%" nowrap="nowrap">

</td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" nowrap="nowrap">

WS

closed Fri. Open weekend

</td> </tr> <tr valign="middle" align="center"> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" height="12%" nowrap="nowrap">

Closed Friday, Open Saturday.

</td> </tr> <tr valign="middle" align="center"> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" height="12%" nowrap="nowrap">

WS

Closed friday, open saturday

WS

close friday open on saturday, rain

WS

closed Friday -open Saturday

</td></tr></tbody></table>

I am so sad - I wonder if this means it is OVER

There will be at least another week as Ontario March break is next week...it's too early to even think about over (just keep repeating it).

Pakenham and Bogie were both open today....May go to Pak tonight.

Calabogie was fantastic on Monday and they claim to still have 90cm base.

Phil, Andy and I did MSM again on Wednesday and it was EPIC.

I threw up some GoPro video we took in the BOL Videos sections and some pictures in the Photos section (personal best carving photos thread). Phil got some awesome shots too and video too!

With the kids off for March Break next week so I may do another MSM day trip and a few mornings at Pakenham. I'm heading to Moonstone for the weekend of 19th and am going to do at least 7 days at Tremblant on the $150 spring season pass in late March or early April.

Think snow (or at least colder temps)