Note to New Members ×

Question about F2 bindings

Ear dragger

Yes, but if you want a lot on each foot, you will need more wedges. They are very adjustable if you use combinations of 2 opposing cant wedges for lift.

Edit to add: If you do not need canting, you can get about 4.5* of lift on one boot and about 3* of lift on the other boot with the stock wedges.

Just to clarify. I can achieve toe lift and heel lift with what is included with the bindings

Yes. There is a lift block that is about 4.5* of lift. There are also 4 cant wedges that, when stacked give you about 3* of straight lift for the other boot (if you do not need them for canting). I use 2 opposing cant wedges for about 1.5* of straight lift.

Check with YYZ about cant and lift wedge availability if you need more.

How much lift do you want on each boot?

thanks for the replies. I'm considering buying a set for racing. I assume the F2 is quite a bit lighter than catek os2's. are they more like burton plates or sno pro's?

They are sot of like an aluminum Burton base with a steel center disk and snowpro-esque toe and heel blocks.

By the time you get a lot of heel and toe lift/ canting I'm not sure they will be much lighter then your Cateks. Certainly a bit more of a PITA to dial in (depending on how picky you are).

Nice bindings though- I have a pair of the older Proflex Ti Race that are going strong with a lot of days on them.

They are definitely lighter than Catek OS2s.

A couple of years ago F2 started using a 5.9mm bail instead of a 5.5 mm bail they had been using. The new ones are a little heavier than the old ones. This compares to a 5 mm bail on the Burtons and a 6 mm bail on the Bombers and Cateks. The new F2s are a little stiffer than the 5.5mm bail ones but most of the flex is in the base so they are not that different

I am pretty sure the added flex in the F2s allows less you to be less exact with your cant and lift than the rigid Cateks and TDs since they are able to adjust more when you are riding.

F2s do not have the adjustment precision of the Cateks but they are so much more simple. They are also really easy to move from board to board.

I just meant that the weight of my bindings never felt like a hindrance, so being a bit lighter was a non issue for me.

It's hard to beat the all-included hardwear and infinate options of the Cateks, but if you don't need that the F2's are great. That said I'd be happy to trade mine for a pair of TD3's.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, but if you want a lot on each foot, you will need more wedges. They are very adjustable if you use combinations of 2 opposing cant wedges for lift.

Edit to add: If you do not need canting, you can get about 4.5* of lift on one boot and about 3* of lift on the other boot with the stock wedges.

but you need to consider the fact that wedges put enormous tearing stress on flange of t-nuts used under the base plate. so if you use wedging - you definitely need to inspect those t-nuts once in a while, and replace sooner than later. learned it the expensive way) flat-footed (thanks WB:) for some years since then